Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
michaeljbrown-

I have not ruled out Krell, either. Keep me posted on your buying decision!
I have 2.2 model and now the 2.7. I can't bear to part with the 2.2's.
I completely understand what oblgny sees in his 30 year old speakers. It is the same thing I see (hear) in the 2.2 version and why I will not let them go. 
The refinements over the years for each model line has been beneficial in the smoothness and musicality of the speaker, however the "old" sound was just as good - even better- in different ways. There - I've said it - you guys can hang me out to dry if you want and I spent quite a bit more on the new model. I like it just as much, but not more.
i listen to the 2.7's and sometime want to listen to the 2.2's. I'll put the old models up against competition's new models any day of the week. 
No worries robin-

all Thiel talk is welcomed. What amp are you using?  Happy Listening!
oblgny.....I totally agree with you about being nervous about any changes, because I have become very protective in preserving what I have and uneasy about potentially loosing it....like with normal wear from aging. As I test more speakers, I have become increasingly aware of just how musically engaging my Thiels are. I recently bought and sold some much more expensive Revel Ultima2 speakers after only having them for about 2 months. They were touted as having all the attributes that I like about the Thiels, but it was obvious from my first listening session that my Thiels would be back.The Thiels just seem to make the whole listening room come alive, while all the other speakers I've tried just seems to project sound from between the speakers.

I'm currently using them with the Audio Research Ref 150 and Ref5 with a tube modified Modwright Oppo 105. I have been told numerous times that 150 watts of tube amplification is not enough juice for the Thiels, but for my listening volumes, it seems like plenty.

jafant.....I'm glad that I found this thread and will "follow this discussion" with email notifications.

Jon (Birmingham, AL)