Class D Technology

So I get the obvious strengths of Class D. Efficiency, power output & running cool which allows for small form factors. I also understand the weaknesses somewhat. 1. Non-linear & lots of distortion that needs to be cleaned up with an output filter. 
So my question is, if it weren't for efficiency & power, would there be any reason to own a Class D amp? Do they beat Class A in any other categories that count for sound quality?  
seanheis1
If you are listening to Diana Krall, and you hear Katy Perry, the problem is much larger than amplifier technology.   You either have one heck of a malfunctioning system, a set of speakers that were dropped out of a truck before being delivered to you, or you are experiencing neurological problems that require immediate medical attention. I'm not being facetious...Katy Perry and Diana Krall sound nothing alike, aside from both being female. If that's genuinely what your ears heard, you have bigger issues than deciding what amp to buy.

bcgator, it was an analogy. Diana Krall has a warm voice and the Ice Module made her voice sound cold and thin. Katy Perry has a cold and thin voice...hope that clears things up. ;-) 
Post removed 
I purchased a pair of Maggies earlier this year, and a pair of Emotiva XPA-1 monoblocks to drive them. While the performance was good, I had a feeling I could do better.

Posts like some of the above kept me from trying Class D. Magnepan themselves caution against it.

On a whim, I bought a Rogue Audio Pharaoh integrated that I saw posted here. I've not heard a Rogue I didn't like and didn't see them putting out something below their standards. I couldn't be happier and my system now uses 75% less power. The Pharoah drives the 1.7i wonderfully. 

I've heard the Pharoah Maggie pairing and thought it to be quite a good one.  I could live with Rogue Pharoah very happily.   Great product and good value.   
Post removed