Class D Technology

So I get the obvious strengths of Class D. Efficiency, power output & running cool which allows for small form factors. I also understand the weaknesses somewhat. 1. Non-linear & lots of distortion that needs to be cleaned up with an output filter. 
So my question is, if it weren't for efficiency & power, would there be any reason to own a Class D amp? Do they beat Class A in any other categories that count for sound quality?  
seanheis1
Post removed 
I purchased a pair of Maggies earlier this year, and a pair of Emotiva XPA-1 monoblocks to drive them. While the performance was good, I had a feeling I could do better.

Posts like some of the above kept me from trying Class D. Magnepan themselves caution against it.

On a whim, I bought a Rogue Audio Pharaoh integrated that I saw posted here. I've not heard a Rogue I didn't like and didn't see them putting out something below their standards. I couldn't be happier and my system now uses 75% less power. The Pharoah drives the 1.7i wonderfully. 

I've heard the Pharoah Maggie pairing and thought it to be quite a good one.  I could live with Rogue Pharoah very happily.   Great product and good value.   
Post removed 
I have a Rogue Pharaoh. It sonically destroyed  a Macintosh C-45 pre and MC-402 power, SS. 11k worth of Mac gear. In listening comparisons, I thought the Rogue went toe-to-toe with ARC integrated.