Class D Technology

So I get the obvious strengths of Class D. Efficiency, power output & running cool which allows for small form factors. I also understand the weaknesses somewhat. 1. Non-linear & lots of distortion that needs to be cleaned up with an output filter. 
So my question is, if it weren't for efficiency & power, would there be any reason to own a Class D amp? Do they beat Class A in any other categories that count for sound quality?  
seanheis1
I have a Rogue Pharaoh. It sonically destroyed  a Macintosh C-45 pre and MC-402 power, SS. 11k worth of Mac gear. In listening comparisons, I thought the Rogue went toe-to-toe with ARC integrated.
Thanks for the posts @mr_m and @mapman 

At least I know I'm not nuts. Three friends have come over and their reactions are all the same- once they pick their jaws up off the floor, they all want a Pharoah. One has already ordered his and is awaiting delivery.
To me, not being much of a technical whiz about these things, it's all about the ears. We all have different tastes and we all have different ears, thus we all have different preferences. I recently bought an ARC DSi200 here on Audiogon (the prices for used ones are very attractive) as an expedient replacement for my very capable Hegel H-200 integrated. The latter likes to be powered on 24/7 and uses up 60 watts at idle. Since I live in an area (Northern California) where electricity rates are abusive, I wanted something more efficient than the class AB Hegel to power my Proac Response D2s. I have to say that I'm very happy indeed with the ARC. It has no trace of the harshness or thinness, or even soullessness people so often ascribe to class D amplification. Music sounds very controlled and (pardon the pun) composed which suits my tastes admirably. I'm very happy with what this sound and hopefully, when the next utility bill arrives, I'll be happier still. 
Last night I listened very closely to my Class D Lyngdorf Int amp comparing it to my highly modified (for the good!) Cary Rocket88R amp with very expensive a great sounding NOS tubes all around. I must say the Lyngorf has soul, body, texture and tone in spades. 

I do do keep mine on 24/7.