Goldmund Studio - still relevant today?

In today high-end world (very small, and shrinking every day), is Goldmund Studio still relevant? Is it's performance still on par with similarly priced tables, or is it a dinosaur? Is it's value still in performance, or is it mainly a collector's item? What do you guys think? I refer to late models with all-acrylic body, and JVC motor, and T3F arm, which actually work, not the early ones, which seemed to have a mind on their own :-)) They normally command at least $2500 on used market, up to $4000 for perfect examples.
markshvarts
Regarding the modifications which use a lighter counterweight at a further distance: Isn't the effective mass of the arm increased by moving a counterweight further from the pivot? The effective mass has to do with the product of the mass of the weight and its' distance from the rotational pivot. Depending on the cartridge used, this may not be a good change.
The LUXMAN PD444/Terminator T3Pro smokes Studio in my room. So does it with SME III. Now I vividly remember how wrong everything was with that stock Studio. Just sounded awful. So I did the right thing to get rid of it 26 years ago :)
The LUXMAN PD444 may very well be the very finest DD ever built. Its rotating speed is rock solid.
harold,

I just sold my Luxman PD444. Thanks for reminding me what a mistake it was to sell it (LOL).

In order to understand the design philosophy of those Goldmunds

one need to read about Pierre Lurne . Lurne is physicist who got

involved in our hobby as we deed: ''pure passion''.

After his work for Goldmund he started his own company called

''Audiomeca''. I owned the Audiomeca J1 which was for me a

kind of revelation after Linn LP 12. I hope I will not get a reprimand

from Lew, who, for some reasons, dislike Lurne. Strange in some

sense because both admire Newton. Anyway all involved parameters

in his designs are based on Newton. Even those ''beefies springs''

Fleib has ever seen. In search for even a better TT I moved to

Kuzma Stabi Reference which, to my big surprice, looked like

a copy of the Audiomeca J1.