Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Unsound...

I haven't been there in about 8 months or so, but they do indeed offer a lot of home theatre gear which, as you stated, is probably a hefty percentage of their business. Personally speaking I ain't no fan of home theatre nor surround sound. 

Last time  I was there they had a headphone "bar" upfront and some nice turntables as well. I suggested they start selling vinyl again, putting lp's in the window, etc. (I am a marketing genius, ain't I?). There's still enough 2 channel gear on display to make them worth my while. 

Audio Breakthroughs in Manhassett is also a nice place to consider. I bought my Bluesound Vault2 there. It's a tad funkier than SE but they're cool peeps as well. It's not very far from Manhattan and there's ample parking in the rear. They even list used gear here sometimes.  SE favors eBay for some reason although they used to list here as well. 

However, to trade in and buy SE has been my choice for the past few years. 

Funny:  I traded in a pair of Dynaudio Contours to help fund a pair of Totem Hawks a while back. I bought the Dynaudios from a fellow member in Manhattan a little earlier on. A day or two passed and I received an email from David explaining that his tech had gone over the speakers after hearing a knock in the cabinets - something I never noticed myself.  His tech removed around 5 plastic dinosaurs stuffed in the ports. 

Now I know why many listings here contain the "from a smoke free, child free home" disclaimer. 

At least there weren't any cigar butts...

Thank You-
oblgny, unsound, jond and nkonor, for your dealer/retailer shout-outs!

I have never paid a trip to Chicago. It, too, is on my must-visit list. Spring/Summer only :)

Good to learn that our major U.S. cities are continuing to represent the B&M Audio operations.  I know about Decibel Audio (FWIW). I have read about Qunitessence and Essential Audio, never a poor word.

I have found a Krell dealer in SE Florida, much closer than the NE or Mid-West.  Hope to make that trip as well in 2017.
A (prospective) gentleman contacted me over the weekend from a different forum-Audio Asylum. He reported that in his system Rogue Audio M-180 mono blocks are mated w/ CS 2.7 loudspeakers.  He uses a Rogue Audio pre-amp as well, Sony 5400ES and VPI TT. A hodge-podge of Cabling rounds out his rig. Mostly into Vinyl is his preference. I did extend a cordial invitation to join us here! Hope we gain a new contributor.