How do I power my 800D(3)s

Hi folks

I am new to this, but trying to learn fast!

I have long been a fan of Bowers and Wilkins and I am lucky enough to buy a brand new pair of 800D(3)'s.  I have recently built a new house, so now have enough space for this very special purchase, which I plan to make in the next month or so.

I want to run a two channel system in our living room so it's a pretty simple layout.  Can anybody give me some advice, so that I get the best out of the speakers.  Will a Pre-Amp, and an Amp be enough with a Streamer?  Do I need two amps?  

Can you also advise on the best brands to look at.  I see that B&W tends to show the speakers off in thier demo's with Classe?  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
128x128matt_gf
I would hope that you listened to other speakers in this price range...Vandersteen, Maggies, etc.
Folks

Wow, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  I agree I need to go into the dealer to test several of the amps you have suggested.  I wanted some input before I ventured back into the dealer, so that I have a broad perspective.  I was afraid that the dealer would steer me in the direction of most 'margin' for them.

It is really challenging finding good content/advice from the audio mags and sites, so this has been a really valuable exercise.  Thanks to all of you.

I will spend some time in the dealer/s later this week and then come back with further questions (I am sure).

What about Linn?  Has anybody had any experience with these amps and pre-amps?  

Matt
I think most people think B&W speakers tend to be a tad bright as compared to very neutral speakers. So the choice of preamp/amp/cable, etc., and room treatment needs to take that into account. Lots of great choices in that (or even lower) price range.
@kalali

B&W use a large mid range which beams and leaves an off access suckout from 1 to 4 KHz - so actually a recessed upper mid. They crossover around 4 KHz to the tweeter giving a sudden but correct boost to the off axis presence region. This is fairly consistent characteristic for B&W and gives them a brighter treble in relation to the mids. The bass also feels relatively stronger due to the recessed mids. These effects are more apparent the further you sit from the speakers and the more the off axis contributes to the overall sound at the listener.

Strictly speaking this is a design limitation but it has proved so succesful and core to B&W sound that it is certainly a deliberate design choice, as B&W for sure are one of the top speakers.