Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Also note you can get a 5 pack of excellent Littelfuses for under 9 bucks including shipping! They really help in bringing cellos out of the mix and then throwing them out into the alley behind the Beacon Theater, providing more coherant blending of timbre and heavy breathing in recordings of any musicians, providing blacker blacks, PRAT (and Whitney),  rounder roundness, more uppity upness, sound staging so realistic you can aurally sense the cigarette butts and ballerina sweat clumps in the dusty corners of the venue, approving nods from others who detect a modicum of sanity from your "special" self, and, if needed, utterly melt into useless tiny glass tubes of blown wire thus saving your audio gear and rendering the Holidays safer. It's a wonderful thing. Under 9 bucks.
I've been following this thread for some time, most informative on web. Thought I would relate some of my experiences with fuses. Most have been positive, use SR Reds in some of my equipment. However, I've had problems with blown SR fuses in two of my 845 SET amps. My Art Audio Carissa Signature twice blew SR fuses on initial start up. Recently, my Coincident Turbo 845 SE blew 4 SR fuses in succession (I don't recall any generic 6.3a fuse failures). Two 6.3a slow blow (stock value) and two 8a slow blow all blew up on initial start ups. Three were replaced free of charge after communication with Synergistic and dealer, I could not get reimbursed for the last 8a, SR wanted me to replace with 10a which I declined (now aprox. 40% above stock value) and dealer simply ignored me. I notice some dealers are now stating on their web sites no warranty/no returns on audiophile fuses. Probably getting burned too often. My take: Be wary if using these in high current amplifiers.

These failures also cause me to speculate as to SR versus generic fuse protective capabilities. It appears that SR fuses are overly protective, I just wonder about protection in steady state operation (after initial start up inrush current). If a generic 6.3a fuse can withstand repeated inrush currents and even 8a SR fuse can't withstand a single inrush current how can they be protecting the same in steady state operation. Perhaps a 10a SR fuse would have an approximate equal protective capacity to 6.3a generic fuse in steady state operation?  It seems logical that inrush current overages and steady state overages would hold steady, thus, the fuse should survive and or fail accordingly. All 6.3a fuses should be able to withstand exactly the same inrush and steady state overages. I would think there has to be an exact breaking point for the wire in the fuse and this would be the same for all equal value fuses. Obviously, there is not this degree of standardization and/or exactitude for fuse manufacturers. Makes me wonder about the exactitude of equipment fuse ratings.