How does Yamaha CD S2000 reproduce super audio?

If anybody knows, apparently Yamaha CD S2000 player has a 2-channel PCM DAC. 
Then how it works in the super audio mode (what precisely means that it plays SACDs)?
I got it since some time ago (bought new and cheap), it does not sound particularly good,
and I do not really hear any improvement on SACD-s.  
128x128niodari
I find just the opposite with my CD-S1000.  I own two other SACD/universal players(CA 751BD, Integra DPS-10.5) and the Yamaha is the best sounding of the bunch.  I pop in Elton John's GYBR SACD and it is just plain magical through the Yamaha player.  Very detailed with great punch and rhythm.  Very layered sound revealing all the nuances of the arrangements.

As far as SACD's not sounding much better than CD's on the Yamaha, I may just agree which is a testament how good a CD player these Yamahas really are, IMO.

Bill
Interesting Bill. I have compared the Yamaha with a few other non-SACD players (Krell cad 300cd, Rotel rdv 1060, Arcam cd74), Yamaha sounds decent, but exaggerating, its sound is a bit more like coming from a bullhorn compared to Krell or a more moderate Rotel; perhaps, Yamaha sounds a bit more cleaner than Arcam but Arcam has a deeper base. The SACD-s that I have tried, Krell and Rotel (in the normal mode)
have more depth and soundstage than Yamaha (in the super audio mode).

Taking into account that  Yamaha is the biggest and heaviest player I have seen (almost the doble in size and weight than an average), the outcome is not perhaps what one would expect. Though of course I think, in general terms, its not a bad player. 
Niodari,
I haven't heard the cd-s2000, but having recently taken possession of the newer cd-s2100. My understanding is that the 2100 is closer in relation to the top of the line cd-s3000 than the earlier 2000. 

I can tell you that I can hear a distinct difference between sacd and cd layers in some (not all) of the discs I own. More air and spacious sounding. Some discs (like Roxy Music Avalon) the difference is subtle and I believe a testament to how well this player handles redbook playback. By "bull horn", I'm assuming you mean a more forward presenation? 

From the reviews I've read the cd-s2000 appears to be well liked, but it didn't garner "must buy" status. I wonder if the luke warm response sent Yamaha back to the drawing board to build the cd-s2100 more in the vein of the cd-s3000? Have you given the cd-s2100 a listen?