Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Michaeljbrown,

sorry for getting to you so late. With regards to my BAT pre - I like love it. Tubes + SS on Thiel speakers is the perfect synergy. At least from my perspective. 
 With regard to balanced operation; with adapters or conversions, one could still appreciate that the cables themselves would still have the advantages of superior noise rejection. 
 True balanced would be better still, maintaining the advantages of full balanced through put throughout the circuitry, and voiding whatever pitfalls might be introduced through superfluous conversions. 
 As for my recommendation for Oblgny to have two separate stereo 3.5 eq's converted to mono balanced operation, I assumed (always dangerous!) that described as such, that I was not attempting to suggest, as dlcockrum has wisely pointed out, that the eqs might merely be superficially converted to balanced operation. One would not need a second eq to do that. But, rather converting the previous stereo eq units to 2 mono units would permit true balanced operation. Oblgny would be wise to be quite specific when having this work done.
 Also, should Oblgny ever decide to go with mono amps in the future, the now mono balanced operation of the two eq's would help towards the greater stereo separation that mono amplifiers provide.
CAVEAT: I have no relationship to the seller, and this is not an endorsement of this particular unit.

For those looking for a very high value, fairly inexpensive amp that would work very nicely with  those older Thiel's that have a minimum impedance doesn't drop below 4 Ohms, you might want to consider this:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-conrad-johnson-mf-2300a-240-watt-mosfet-amplifier-2016...

Obviously this amp would mate well with c-j's own ss or tube pres, that many Thiel owners of that vintage found to work well with.