New Technics SL 1200 GAE

Anyone acquired a new Technics DD 1200 GAE? Has anyone not been happy with the stock arm and changed it?
nkonor
DJ's with money will buy them. Who do you think bought all those gold plated 1200's, customized, powdered. coated, bling out 1200's. As soon as the big name DJ's have them the masses will follow. $1600 today is close to the actual cost of a 1200 in the early 80's.

jsm71, for most tonearms Azimuth will be a function of the headshell.  Few arms incorporate a means to rotate the arm tube.  (Certainly no S shaped arms for obvious reasons.)  My Kuzma Reference Stogi did but I think that is rare.

When considering any headshell, stock or accessory, just check to see it there is a set-screw to allow rotation around the connector.

Concerning the aesthetics of the SL1200GAE and G, I initiated another post here regarding my bafflement that Technics would copy an old design (successful sales or not) for what is largely a newly engineered product.   

Regarding my last post, I found and downloaded the user manual.  The VTF and VTA are both covered well with dial-adjustments.  Azimuth isn't covered but I guess properly mounting the head shell should suffice?

pryso, I agree the looks could have been rethought some.  At the very least they could have omitted the pitch control.  That would have sent a very clear message - no DJs, and it would have uncluttered the look a bit to show off more of the nicely finished top plate.

Many headshells have the azimuth adjustment built-in. My Jelco, Yamamoto and many others. Cheers,
Spencer