Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
Greg,

Good to hear. TBH I've only heard B&W speakers with Krell amps, and that combination never made me reach for my wallet.

Interesting you find the ICEPower modules working so well for you. :)

Best,

E

erik,

Thanks for the context. They must be pretty good if they stand up to the Halo amp. I know that a lot of people like the Parasounds. I have no experience with them. I s there anything you don't like about your class D?

Purchased a Rogue Sphinx from Audio Connection a few monthes back to use with my Green Mountain Europa's. Very happy with the sound

I use Class D Audio amps I built from kits. My old Adcom 5 channel bit the dust, and I needed a low cost replacement. I made a three channel amp using two modules, sharing a common power supply. One module is in stereo mode for the surround speakers. The other is bridged to mono, for 500 Watts to the center.

I like this arrangement so much, I built another amp, using two modules bridged to mono, for 500 Wpc for my main speakers. Sounds ridiculously good, especially for the cost. I use this amp for 90% of my listening, an SET 300B for the remainder. They both sound good in my situation, though the modules that are bridged tend to be a bit noisy. They sound so good, I really don't mind.

Regards,
Dan
I always liked your handle, islandmandan.  Maybe the noise you are hearing is the tropical breeze blowing though the palm trees.  Please don't spoil it for me if you are on Long or Staten Island.
George