New Technics SL 1200 GAE

Anyone acquired a new Technics DD 1200 GAE? Has anyone not been happy with the stock arm and changed it?
nkonor
Atmasphere, how do you compare your own Empire based direct drive turntable offering against the Technics 1200 GAE ?
As both a WIS (I favor traditional Rolex and Omega designs) and a GAE owner I think your observations are apt.  In both cases the concept and cliche that form follows function is total.
Atmasphere, how do you compare your own Empire based direct drive turntable offering against the Technics 1200 GAE ?
While over the years the model 2098 we've built has acquitted itself very nicely over 'tables costing a lot more, overall I think the Technics is a better machine.

Its biggest weakness is the arm (which should not be mistaken for the original even though it looks the part just as the 'table does), so that is why we looked see if the Triplanar 12" could be installed. Quite literally, the SL1200 is now the most speed-stable machine in production and it is well-damped right out of the box. So mating a state of the art arm to it was a no-brainer.
atmasphere,

Looked at the link you provided last night. All it does; is make me want a full review and cost for you to build one for me. Looking to me as if others are pondering the same. Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Thank You,
nkonor
Contact me via email.

We've only done this with the Triplanar. Not sure how well it will work with other 12" arms! But IMO the Triplanar is one of the very best out there.