Klipsch love them or hate them.

My best friend drives me crazy.Every time we get into a discussion about audio,he tells me how great klipsch speakers are.I think they are the worst speakers.What do you think!
taters
I've liked Klipsch stuff for years, although never personally owned anything from them…"Heresy" (spent a LOT of time listening to a friend's pair of those things) might be one of the best audio product names ever. I did have a set of Altec A7s for many years (pro sound needs) and there is just something about the "wooden" tone of big old school plywood speakers that is unique and appealing. 
I've got a set of Cornwall I's from 73  and a Marantz 2270 from 74 perfect set up. They blow my B&W'S out of the water because the Cornwalls have a 105% sensitivity 
Many, many good unbiased & more importantly experienced views posted.
I own a pair of Klipsch Bell’s and do understand many who point to their "cupped voice" sound, or "beaming" highs. Their not imagining it. I’ve found much of that has to do with the music. Compressed music sounds like crap and I have on several occasions stopped a song, taken the tablet upstairs and listened to it on the Wharfedales Denton’s which are known to be rich, laid back and warm sounding speakers. Well, those songs turned the Denton’s in knife throwing franken speakers. What I’ve learned is the Klipsch will ruthlessly reveal the music especially if it’s compressed and most music is making it sound like the Chipmunks. I listen to mostly jazz with horns, piano, double bass, violins and vocals sound their best when kept at 60-75db. On more modern music with these boy bands that artificially trip their high vocals with a synthesizer it just kills the ears. Chipmunks. No guy voice should sound that high and shrill.
Also a lot depends as has been stated the pairing of ss with them. Sony STR 7055 & 7045 excellent. Marantz 2500 fantastic. Bob Carver Sunfire theater grand and cinema grand pre is a very good pairing.
Again if they are all kept at reasonable levels and the right music is chosen. For near field late night listening they excell like no other and play delicately soft with crystal clarity which is most of my listening sessions. As for the bass that’s a non issue for me. I have a 20’ x 15’ room with 30’ ceilings and open loft design. Throwing on some "house" music my kid’s like, one can literally feel the bass reverberate throughout the home. They’ll push close to 80-90db. Lol.
Keep the music clean and you’ll have a wonderful experience with them. Listen to Hayley Westenra , Enya, Rebecca Pidgeon right now. All of the women's voices are RIGHT THERE, airy, high, like an angel. Amazing.
Thanks for the read & have an awesome audio journey. 
Cheers.
I HATE horns when it's obvious I'm listening to horns. The last concert I heard on horns was way too in-your-face forward and blaring to the point the sound lost it's coherent, and I'm virtually certainly it was that awful JBL sound so many get wet in their panties for. Beyond that, the bass was weak. It wasn't the worst sound rig I've ever heard, but it was the worst in recent memory. For big venue concert sound I much prefer Meyer Sound and Nexo line arrays or Funktion One horn point-source arrays. 
It's not like you can't get the dynamics out of a conventional dynamic speaker so why add a horn? I've never heard big horns I've liked. I can't imagine ever owning any. 
Taters....I agree with you.Back in the day when there was less competition they could hold their own.Certainly not the case today,but I will buy their components at swap meets and such because there are still followers and it's an easy sell