Don Sach's pre amp

I know these are custom made tube pre amps I am debating on getting one any audiogon members who have this pre amp can they give me a feed back on these /
128x128a_shah
@kalali, wont have my DS 2 before November 2017, however a new found friend Via Audio circle spent a couple of hours with me,  he brought in his odyssey Candela pre-amp  for me to try with my Maggie 1.7i and the Kismet amplifier , sounded wonderful ! (this gentleman owns Tekton Double Impact speakers) after about an hour plus listening we switched back to the VTA-SP 14 , we were surprised by the Soundstage, Clarity and it certainly was not a step backwards ! the DS 2 is  supposed to sound about 30% to 40 % better , lets see what happens when I get my amplifier. but again DS 2 twice the price ! t
Sorry but I have to ask some stupid questions as a prospective buyer who can't find the answers.  What's the difference between Don's model 1 and 2 preamps?  What's the difference between Don's version of the SP14 and the VTA version (design, price, options, etc.), and is there a relationship between the two?  Thanks for any info. 

soix, great question. Been meaning to ask that too. Looks like the DS2 uses the SP14 basic design but with the tubes mounted on top. Couldn't find a price for the VTA-SP14 though. Sounds like a great deal if its actually half the DS2 price.
soix and kalali, have you read the description on Don's site?

http://www.dsachsconsulting.com/custom%20line%20stage.html

Also I assume the Model 1 was an earlier version no longer available.  I got my Model 2 about 10 months ago and the 1 was never mentioned when placing my order.

I read one review of the VTA-SP-14 (Audio Asylum) but never heard one.  I expect it is a great deal for the money, but not up to the level of Don's.

Call Don.  He's extremely responsive, customer focused to the max, and a hell of a nice guy.  My interactions with him have been stellar.