Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Anyone visit the current Thiel website lately?

Boy it's depressing.  It looks like a company that is almost gone, like a generic web site selling over the net lifestyle products:

https://www.thielaudio.com/

I went through it wondering "where are the speakers?"  I had to dig down into the menus to finally find just a handful left of the (non-Jim) Thiel speakers now called "Legacy Products" (so selling those last ones off), along with hats and T-shirts.

Man it's just too sad what happened.  It's hard to imagine what the point of calling a company like that "Thiel."  People associated a certain speaker with that name, and they sell nothing like it. so what does the name even get them?

The first post-Jim Thiels actually got some good reviews. I really think they may have done better under a new company name. I think putting them under "Thiel’ actually hurt them, because the whole reason Thiel’s name meant anything had to do with a specific man, and a specific type of speaker design - that’s what the name symbolized. Putting out an entirely different type of speaker using the Thiel name only breeds ill-will or lack of interest among exactly those loyal consumers who held the Thiel name in high regard.  If you aren't courting the very people among whom the name Thiel has any pull or cache...what are you doing with the name?

A total shoot yourself in the foot company move, IMO.