Dr. Feickert Protractor

What will Dr. Feickert's protractor do that the paper alignment protractor that came with the turntable can't do? 

128x128rdk777
If you own a VPI TT, and a Feickert gauge, you’ll wonder why your overhang is off by 2mm per VPI’s own specs. (insert big frown emoji)

@ rsf507, thanks for the link to the alignment block. Ordering one now. This seems to be one of those designs that are ingenious in their simplicity. Love it!
@chakster : I own several 7" records that I don't listen often but in the times that I heard it I listen it with the Löfgren B or A with out any single trouble.

Stevenson made his alignment not for those 7" . When we learn and understand in deep the choices of alignment ( even personal/different kind of alignments. ) and the recorded MUSIC information in LPs we can " see " very clear that Stevenson is just useless for it. Anything is almost better than this kind of alignment. Please read again my posts to Lewm.

Any one can make what he or they want it, it's a personal choice.

For me Stevenson is a forbidden tool.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
Raul, You equate tracking angle error with audible "distortion".   I am skeptical that this is a valid assumption.  (The key word is "audible".) If you are so sensitive to tracking angle error, why are you even bothering with pivoted tonearms?  You should be using linear trackers, exclusively.  Even so, I don't know where you get the evidence for your claim that the Stevenson geometry sacrifices the first "20 minutes" of an LP.  
Dear @lewm : Linear trackers has its own " problems ". I owned LT designs and my experiences with told me that LT are not so good as pivot ones in the bass range. Now, you know that in analog almost all depends on trade-offs we chosed. Anyway, is not the issue here.

You can compare distortion levels in over the first 2/3 of the LP surface between Löfgreen and Stevenson and you will know that distortion levels in Stevenson are higher than in both Löfgren alignments.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
@lewm : Here an answer on what you ask. I took a 265 mm. tonearm effective length and compare LÖfgren B vs Stevenson.

https://www.vinylengine.com/tonearm_alignment_calculator_pro.php?arm1=Arm+1&l1=el&a1lv=265&a...

You can see that only very very near the most inner groove Stevenson has lower distortion level vs Löfgren B : this is between 65.5mm and 60mm in the LP surface.
Löfgren is the curve in red and Stevenson in green color.

R.