Dr. Feickert Protractor

What will Dr. Feickert's protractor do that the paper alignment protractor that came with the turntable can't do? 

128x128rdk777
Raul, You equate tracking angle error with audible "distortion".   I am skeptical that this is a valid assumption.  (The key word is "audible".) If you are so sensitive to tracking angle error, why are you even bothering with pivoted tonearms?  You should be using linear trackers, exclusively.  Even so, I don't know where you get the evidence for your claim that the Stevenson geometry sacrifices the first "20 minutes" of an LP.  
Dear @lewm : Linear trackers has its own " problems ". I owned LT designs and my experiences with told me that LT are not so good as pivot ones in the bass range. Now, you know that in analog almost all depends on trade-offs we chosed. Anyway, is not the issue here.

You can compare distortion levels in over the first 2/3 of the LP surface between Löfgreen and Stevenson and you will know that distortion levels in Stevenson are higher than in both Löfgren alignments.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
@lewm : Here an answer on what you ask. I took a 265 mm. tonearm effective length and compare LÖfgren B vs Stevenson.

https://www.vinylengine.com/tonearm_alignment_calculator_pro.php?arm1=Arm+1&l1=el&a1lv=265&a...

You can see that only very very near the most inner groove Stevenson has lower distortion level vs Löfgren B : this is between 65.5mm and 60mm in the LP surface.
Löfgren is the curve in red and Stevenson in green color.

R.

Raul, can you give an example of (one) lp, that may be known to most of us, that you use to explain your views?

In fact, I cannot think of , ever, you have posted your experiences with a certain lp.

Please give us an example of your ongoing remarks that can be observed by us all, in a musical recommendation. Thank you!

I want to believe? It's up to you now.
Baerwald and Lofgren made their fundamental publications in the first half of 20th century. Later in the early 60s Stevenson (another mathematician) has calculated a new set of parameters taking into account that on records with classical music very often crescendos occur towards the innermost grooves! That make sence.

The key word for Stevenson is "crescendo" which is a passage played with a gradual increase in volume or intensity (in classical music). According to Stevenson's alignment method a new set of parameters taking into account that on records with classical music very often crescendos occur towards the innermost grooves.

It's about arrangment of the classical music and where is the most complicated grooves located on the record surface (beggining, middle or toward the end on the record). It can be true if we are listening to a long (17 min for example) classical music track on 12'inch or 10'inch (or even a short 3 min track on 7'inch record).

A crescendo is a way for composers to indicate that a passage of music should gradually increase in loudness over time (opposite of a decrease in volume which is described as a 'decrescendo'). It is also used in non-musical context to describe any situation in which volume is increasing.

BTW the most complicated grooves with cannon shots on Telarc 1812 Overture located in the end of the LP.

I not listen to classical music at all, but i do listen to 7'inch records (along with LPs) and for small size of the 7'inch where all information located close to the inner groove Stevenson is theoretically is optimal. But i do not hear any distortion if i play them with Baerwald, so my point is "theoretically".