Wonderful visit and 5-star customer service at Audio Doctor in Jersey City, NJ!

For those interested in auditioning the new Paradigm Persona series, as well as other high-end brands, with the benefit of highly personalized attention and 5-star customer service, I would like to recommend a visit to Audio Doctor in Jersey City, New Jersey- they have some of the largest showroom space in the NY/NJ area, and such great customer service, period!

Audio Doctor is currently the only dealer in the NY/NJ area allowed to demo in-store/sell the Paradigm Persona speaker series, so I trekked there yesterday to audition the Paradigm Persona 3F and flagship 9H stereo speakers, which both proved stupefying and extremely impressive for their price points in as far as clarity, detail, and sound stage are concerned.

The owner, Dave, is such a wonderful guy. He gave me a personalized tour of his well-built home theater room (100+ inch projector set up with KEF speaker system, excellent room treatments, very comfortable seating, etc.), and also a tour of other five-figure speaker brands on display.

Crucially, for the Paradigm demos, Dave allowed me to bring my own interconnects and speaker cables, and also to use identical separates to what I have at my place so I could ascertain for sure what the Paradigms would sound like in my home setting. I was also pleased to see many low-budget speaker/separates set ups for those on a tight budget- all on display.

Last but not least, Dave and his wife prepared a wonderful dinner for me while I was speaker-auditioning- the tastiest Mexican Tacos I have ever had! I spent a total of 4 hours at the store, and Dave even gave me a lift back to the PATH train station (I live in NYC)... so without a doubt, I would rate the customer service at this place as the best I have ever seen in my years of visiting audio stores on both coasts.

So for the NY/NJ area audiophile crowd, Audio Doctor merits an in-person visit and comes HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
ph2
As usual Grgr4blu, you take a nice conversation and pervert it and you don't ever really read our posts.

I have seen many dealers including Rhapsody, Audio Connection and others chime in and mention their products or sometimes suggest their product on an entirely different post.

As per your imagine every dealer line, most dealers including ourselves know when it is appropriate and when it is not

Have you ever seen one of our posts about  the Personas on a thread about horn speakers and 3 watt amplifiers? Or the converse ]]ly if a person has a giant room do you see us or any other sane dealer suggesting a mini monitor vs a giant floorstander?

The reason we post about some of our products is they are NEW to the market and many people haven't heard them or they might have heard them at the wrong location.

For example a client who I talked to last night heard the Personas at another dealer and was told directly to purchase Magico, do you know why? The client actually said that this famous dealer sells a lot of Magicos when the client prefered the Personas, and I heard that from our client who drove four hours to purchase from us. This means this dealer is not allowing the client to make up his mind they are trying to guide them into a product they may have preferential terms with. 

On the other hand, dealers such a myself don't care if someone purchase a Kef Blade, a Dali Epicon, or a Legacy as we sell all of these brands and the reason is that although we think the Personas are amoung the best speakers at or near their price point, someone might perfer the warmer, more bass heavy sound of a Legacy which are also wonderful speakers.

Does any Wilson dealer or Magico have to enlightene the public about their models these are established brands. However, if you turn back the clock and look at the original Magico mini  nobody new about this product it took several years of reviews and shows before people started talking about them.

Although Paradigm isn't a new company they have never built a reference speaker to compete with Wilson, Magico, Focal etc. Nor do they have many dealers for this product.

Again you protect the world from nothing and you don't read the other peoples comments. 

Please grow up and show some maturity, if you had ever been to my shop and heard our products or worked directly with me then you would know the truth that the other people are saying.

Dave Owner,
Audio Doctor NJ

Dave
More words?
You just don't get it. 
So anytime a dealer carries a  new product that he thinks is special, he can promote it across Audiogon to introduce it to the public?  There are hundreds of new audio products launched every year. Please stop justifying your posts as "educational".
Remember Dave--there is a time to post and a way to post. 
gpgr4blu
Dave
More words?
You just don't get it.
So anytime a dealer carries a new product that he thinks is special, he can promote it across Audiogon to introduce it to the public? There are hundreds of new audio products launched every year. Please stop justifying your posts as "educational".
Remember Dave--there is a time to post and a way to post.
Neither you nor I are moderators here, @gpgr4blu. If you have a complaint about Audio Doctor, take to to a moderator. As best as I can tell, he is not violating the forum's rules, so he's entitled to post here without  your permissions.
@gpgr4blu 

I think you are the one being impolite here. This thread was about a good audition experience at Audiotroy's store. All too often I have been ignored in high end stores and I was made to feel like it was a big imposition to get a demo. Sometimes the sales people notice my rose gold daytona and then I get swarmed upon and that is just as unpleasant. I will definitely check out Audiotroy's store next time I am in the area. This thread was useful to me and no doubt others.

If you object to Audiotroy's comments on other particular threads then I recommend you should make your comments on those specific threads and not rain on his parade here. Your criticism maybe warranted on those threads but in the context of this thread you just seem to have a childish gripe and desire to spoil a positive experience.

By the way, who are you to tell anyone how to post anything? 

Oh I forgot you are the self appointed guardian of good taste and propriety.

Words, you seem to write more than I do and you always seem to want to get in the last word.

If you read what many people on this thread acutally said they found our posts to be beneficial,  while others just advised you to stop your self rightous behavior and just stop reading, while others people who have actually been to our shop have been delighted with the experience.

And lastly, you have NO DIRECT EXPERIENCE WITH MY SHOP YOU HAVE NEVER  BEEN HERE, NOR HAVE YOU DIRECTLY WORKED WITH ME TO KNOW FIRST HAND IF MY GUIDANCE WOULD HAVE HELPED YOU SAVE MONEY OR CREATE BETTER SOUND!

So your opinions are based on not liking my "salesmanship" or the fact that we have for years been promoting products such as Nuforce, Usher, and Scaena that consistantly challange the status quo. 

Just as you challenged our assertions on the Ushers which both the BE and DMD version were universally lauded as being amoung the best speakers especially for the BE and DMD 718 now you are denying the truth about the Personas, which is they too can challenge any of the major brands that are so bandied about here including Rockport, Magico Wilson Focal and others.

The sonic signature of any speaker or any component will be based on the entirty of the setup so to presume that based on one demo you like or don't like a product is specious reasoning and also presuming that dealer x knows what they are doing just because they have a product or that their setup is going to be a good one is also wrong. 

I am also not saying that I am the only one to get good sound from the Persona or any of the other products that I sell.

What I am saying is that for many of our setups we painstakingly seek out and find matching components that really create synergy.

Our 2012 New York audio show room one feature the Scaeana Line Array with the CJ Art and Gat, Kubala Sosna Cabling, and EMM Labs Digital this was a very well received setup which Johnathan Vallen also found to work like magic together. 

Our Kef Blade setup featured the Chord Reference electronics, Esoteric Digital and Enklein cabling, also a great setup. We used Stillpoints racks, Running Springs or Audience Power conditioning, Shakti holographs, Acoustic System resonators etc. Our room was setup with the kinds of reference level gear that the Blade deserved not by their price point but by the level of their performance.

Compare our setup of the Blades to what KEF routinly showed them with, Parasound JC 1 and JC 2 preamp with ? cabling. We are a Parsound dealer JC 1 monos are decent amplifiers, but got their butts kicked by the Electrocompaniet AW 400 and the Chord mono amps.

So do you think if you heard the Kef Blades on system one vs system two you might have a different opinion of them?

So how do you actually know how good our setups are other than what you were exposed to at an Audio Show and if you actually heard our store setups they were usually far better than what you can get out of a sub optimal hotel room.

Dave owner
Audio Doctor NJ