Horn based loudspeakers why the controversy?

As just another way to build a loudspeaker system why such disputes in forums when horns are mentioned?    They can solve many issues that plague standard designs but with all things have there own.  So why such hate?  As a loudspeaker designer I work with and can appreciate all transducer and loudspeaker types and I understand that we all have different needs budgets experiences tastes biases.  But if you dare suggest horns so many have a problem with that suggestion..why?
128x128johnk
@roxy54 

"I have never heard any of the discontinued Palladiums, but I have noted that there have not been a single pair of any of them for sale on the used market in the US for months now...I've been looking. I think that says something about their desirability."   

These are my buddy Alex's down in Miami.
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-klipsch-palladium-p-39f-2017-11-18-speakers

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-flloorstanding-loudspeakers-2017-12-01-speakers

Bill
Let me just say this. In my world ( as I assume others as well ), the goal of an audio system, is to, as faithfully as possible, recreate the live musical event. Virtues I listen for are ( not necessarily in specific order, but important ) : Top to bottom, octave to octave balance. Dynamic range. Sound staging. PRAT. Black, noiseless background. Finally, the sense of involvement. I am simplifying here, but there it is. I understand, I am listening to recordings ( live, or studio ), and some recordings are better than others, with some being exceptional, some ok, some mediocre, and some are poor. If I can get my toes tapping ( or not, depending on what I am listening to, just involved ), I have fulfilled my expectations. 
Willland
Look in the A'gon speaker classifieds. There is a pair of Klipsch P-39f Palladiums there right now.
@mr_m

Yes I know, the two links in my previous post indicated that.

I am the 

Bill
@mrdecibel 

They didn't use the installed PA rig for the small events they did. They used EV's on stands. I've heard the main rig plenty because I've operated cameras at their big events. It's not bad. 

I can't say I've ever heard an ideally set up horn rig in a residential setting. I'm not even aware of a shop that sells good horns within 100 miles of me. The lower end horns are only memorable for how annoying they were and I usually find them with big orange cones or stuffed in a theater somewhere. Honestly, I wouldn't waste anybody's time showing me K-horns because I'd absolutely never buy them at any price. Their size and placement demands make them impossible options. 
Like I said, if somebody has a great pair of horns for me to hear, let me know. I'll listen. I like a tight, physical kind of sound. That's why I like my Focals. It's what I've liked about horns. I don't like that in-your-face way so many project sound. I've never heard a horn not sound like that to some degree. Either that's just what horns sound like, or they're exceptionally difficult to design correctly. I'm leaning towards the latter. I don't blame people if they like that kind of sound. Some people value tone beyond imaging or any other consideration. We all have our quirks. I value exceptional imaging, smooth response, and decent but not ear-popping dynamics. Horns aren't for me.