Can't we all just get along?

I have not been a member for a very long time, and joined Agon to discuss audio with others in my hobby. Seems to me that almost every post devolves into a hijacked  negative argument between a few members that seem to think it's their platform to preach their opinions to any who would listen, and any dissent to what they have to say is met with ridicule/insults, and just downright rudeness.

There will always be differences in opinion, BUT, we can be civilized in how we disagree.

There is already too much negativity in the world. Is it not possible to insulate that from our hobby in this forum, or is this what we have become? Hiding behind our keyboards and not having the courtesy to treat our fellow audio lovers with decency, open-mindedness, and RESPECT !

128x128crazyeddy

+1 @hifiman5     This is exactly why I joined in the first place.

@whart  you make a good point in regards to how sometimes the intent is not to be snarky or harsh, but it comes off that way due to the medium we are using. No inflection of tone, hand gestures, etc. that we would be able to read if we were face to face. But, there are many times when this is obviously not the case.

The snake oil crowd just rubs some of us the wrong way. I'm not sure why, but these guys seem to crop up in lots of hobbies. For cars you've got those who like to stick magnets on their fuel lines, put weird metal things in their intake, or believe in the mythical 100mpg carb. I don't understand why people want to believe in this stuff even when evidence unequivocally proves them wrong. I honestly don't care if somebody wants to stick magnets all over their fuel lines are tape rocks to their cables, but it does bother me when these kinds of fixes are suggested to people who have actual technical issues that require actual technical solutions. 
Would like to question the intent of this thread by the OP as he ask "why can't we all just get along", and then states that he would send some one to the dentist. Somethings just need to be ignored and move on.