Can't we all just get along?

I have not been a member for a very long time, and joined Agon to discuss audio with others in my hobby. Seems to me that almost every post devolves into a hijacked  negative argument between a few members that seem to think it's their platform to preach their opinions to any who would listen, and any dissent to what they have to say is met with ridicule/insults, and just downright rudeness.

There will always be differences in opinion, BUT, we can be civilized in how we disagree.

There is already too much negativity in the world. Is it not possible to insulate that from our hobby in this forum, or is this what we have become? Hiding behind our keyboards and not having the courtesy to treat our fellow audio lovers with decency, open-mindedness, and RESPECT !

128x128crazyeddy
If a person chooses to buy a this or a that, it is their decision. No one else’.

I see input from others in those threads which ask for which this or where to from here, as spitballing for ideas outside of their own. Nothing more.

What someone does with those ideas is up to them. Who ever is paying the cost to be the boss is the ultimate trigger puller.

It used to amuse me how a thread would ask for options while including a couple of their own picks, and after all was sid and done, regardless of the outside feedbac,, the OP would opt for their own selections or something no one even mentioned! On the surface making the whole aspiration a waste of time essentially. But then firing a wad of dead presidents at some piece takes what it takes to decide. Usually its time.

Ready! Get set! Uh, well, er, go? It bes that way sometimes. For me anyhow. I’m a planner. Thinker aheader. I like to have an outline in place so at least I think I know where I’m headed.

As much as some here will profusely arbitrate and argue for their side of the coin, some will for all intents and purposes actually ‘demand’ (in essence) a certain item be chosen by the inquisitive poster. That is sheer nonsense and revelatory of a fairly unstable sort.

Being careful to ensure if I have a critter in the fight, or a dog in the hunt, is extremely grounding. Regularly, I do not.

As for keeping a list of current inventory abailable on this site, well, what if you are in the middle of replacing everything? Turning the sod completely over towards a new outfit? Your rig would look as scarce as hens teeth. Would or could it then, be seen as a lack of credentials?

As well, what if it has not been updated regularly? What too, if it is indeed, a ‘virtual’ system, and simply does not exist? What then? Are you a Audio deity, or merely deceitful? Or did you take the inference of virtual system verbatim? Posting what you desired or imagined.

Faith. Grain o salt. Supposition. Trust. Suspicion. All are in play now and then. The quickest way to dispel the false from the factual, is again, contacting the person and developing a dialogue. If I want to know more about what, or why someone says something, merely ask them. Publicly or via PM>

I heard a fella say once many years ago, during a visit to his shrink, “I’m finally able to let other people, be other people. ”

This is no small task. However, it does pay huge dividends, every time I can.

Several great points made on this thread. We are here to help each other with advice and comments on audio. If someone posts a derogatory comment about a member, just pull the post. If the same member makes a habbit of it, banish them from the community altogether.
The term, social media, is a misnomer. These days it is actually anti-social media. Just because you have anonymity is no reason to be rude. A good rule of thumb is to never type anything that you wouldn't have the courage to say face to face. Music and listening to music is always subjective. Always grey. Never black & white.
Phillyb-you are a looney left snowflake that brings politics into everything. You should think about getting more crayons or another soothing dog to get you thru life.