Why don't amplifier Companies use high end fuses?

My equipment - Raven Integrated Reflection MK2 tube amp 58wpc. / Lumin A-1 DAC Streamer / Synology NAS / Isotex Aquarius Power Conditioner / Furutech Rhodium Plug / Sonus Faber Amati Homage Tradition speakers.  

I have read thousands of comments on upgraded fuses improving the performance of sound.  I am very open minded but not sold either way.  So, the question I have is....if fuses were so important, than why don't Amplifier companies all install them as OEM equipment?  To me, if they are as good as people say, that would provide companies who use them a competitive advantage?  

Every High End Audio store I go to in Phoenix have told me it does not make a difference and is a waste of money.  For the record, I have fuses purchased at an automotive store for under $10 and I think my sound is awesome.  The Company that built my amp tested the Synergistic Fuses and he emphatically said there was no difference.  

If I were to try a fuse for fun, given my equipment, what would your recommendation be to try?  
willgolf
Do you think that that tiny bit of difference remains the same once it's been rectified, modified, deep fried and otherwise? Seems to me that that small and insignificant difference cited plays a larger role once it goes through all the various permutations before it comes out. 

Jitter, no matter how small, distorts more and more as it goes along as does any kind of distortion. It's funny how some are now admitting that there is a difference but it just simply can't explain why the sound changes yet that very same criteria most certainly applies to everything else. You can't have it both ways.

All the best,
Nonoise
One last comment I will repeat that I think I made eons ago early on in teh red fuse thread is taht I ahve also seen cases where fuses only blow partially ie the filament is partially but not totally melted. More prevalent with slo blo fuses. Obviously this is just another case where all fuses are not created equal however replacement with any good quality new fuse is all that is needed to rectify.

So yes fuses can be delicate little beasts and do matter but like most of high end audio the returns on more expensive products are diminishing at best and nill in some cases at worst.

They are also not complicated devices and as difficult to understand as some vendors make them. Its reasonable to expect that some portion of the discussion about them is just noise but hey only one way to find out if one actually cares. Personally, I’d focus on making sure my fuse is good quality and in good working order and look pretty much anywhere else (except Machina Dynamica for example) for things that will make clear significant differences in sound quality.

But hey some people like to go where no man has gone before. The question then becomes how much of their tales is fact versus fiction.
I think it's utterly worth it to invest in extremely high quality and safely designed products with companies with an unimpeachable reputation as leaders in their field. That's why I'll spend the 2 bucks on Littelfuse products…I can hear the difference as without them in my gear, there's just no sound at all.
Post removed 
Mapman
They are also not complicated devices and as difficult to understand as some vendors make them. Its reasonable to expect that some portion of the discussion about them is just noise but hey only one way to find out if one actually cares. Personally, I’d focus on making sure my fuse is good quality and in good working order and look pretty much anywhere else (except Machina Dynamica for example) for things that will make clear significant differences in sound quality.

>>>>>I’m giving serious consideration to promoting you to associate shill as you demonstrate that very special skill I’m looking for - pretending to loathe and mock Machina Dynamica yet giving it a shout out at every opportunity. But not too much, otherwise folks will catch onto the scam. 😛 Keep up the good work.

“It’s too late for old folks like me to change.” - Mapman

Vendors don’t make fuses difficult to understand. You do, grasshopper. Look within.

geoff kait
audio insider