Rega RP8 or Technics SL1200G

I'm a bit reluctant to post this "either or question" because I know that everything in this hobby is subjective, but here goes.

I currently have a Rega RP3-24 with an Exact 2 and I want to upgrade to my final turntable. I have read all the reviews that are available on both tables and both received stellar reviews, although Fremer stated that his RP8 sample table ran a little fast. I like the simplicity of the RP8 ($3000), however, I also like the adjustability of the SL1200G ($4000) which eases the task of trying different cartridges, although I don't plan on swapping out cartridges very often. On the other hand, I am not adverse to using spacers to adjust VTA on the Rega so I can try  non Rega cartridges. 

So it really comes down to which table sounds better, which is built better, etc. I would like to hear from anyone who owns or has heard either of these tables. I won't have the opportunity to audition either one.

I listen to rock, jazz and some classical.

The rest of my system is:
Cayin A-88T MKII Integrated with Gold Lion KT88's or Svetlana Winged C EL34  
PS Audio GCPH w/Underwood Mod (planning to upgrade to Parasound JC3+)
Harbeth SHL5 Plus 40th Anniversary
Rega Apollo-R
Accuphase T101
Cables: Morrow PH4 to phone preamp 

Thanks in advance.
Eric

ericsch
Two items to consider.  Is the RP8 die for an update?  The difference between the RP6 and P6 is substantial.  Also something to think about is your listening space and isolation.  The SL1200G won’t need the same level of care and placement as the Rega.  Two small points in an otherwise difficult decision.  My feeling is that the 1200G is superior technology over the Rega.  
Here is Fremer's review of the 1200G. The 1200G is also an Absolute Sound Product of the Year in the January 2018 issue.

Pretty much every review I've read of Rega TTs that measures rotation speed indicates that they run fast, whether it's an RP3, RP8, or something in between. Since the brand has been consistently (slightly) fast for years, I suspect it's intentional. If I were to guess why, perhaps to compensate for a low-torque motor combined with a stretchy belt.

A high-torque design with great speed consistency has notable playback advantages, particularly maintaining tempo and volume in the face of higher groove modulation--modulation that accompanies louder passages and/or a higher number of voices and instruments.
Thanks everyone for your comments, they have been very helpful. 
@johnnyb53 , I've read both of those reviews, also one in Stereophile.
One thing that no one has mentioned is the dreaded Rega hum. My P3-24 suffers from this malady through the TTPSU, I believe. It's not noticeable during playback, but it is there while idling. I'm leaning towards the Technics. I'll make a final decision after the first of the year. Thanks again.  
I have an SL1200GAE with Parasound JC3+ and Audio Technica ART9 cart. This is a spectacular combination and the last vinyl setup I will ever need. Far exceeding the VPI Scout 1.1 it replaced.
@lancelock , Great to hear that you have reached analog nirvana with your setup. As you probably read in my original post, a Parasound JC3+ is my final upgrade after I get the turntable.