Musician vs. audiophile

We need direction here. My wife, a musician and says my Sophia 3s, powered by BAT 3VK IX tube pre amp and 250w solid state amp sounds flat compared to a freaking Best Buy box store McIntosh/Martin Logan setup...  I can't honestly disagree, specifically when our rig is at low volume.  It lacks color and punch, even with 2ea. JL 12" subs... Help me with your recommendation, please!!!      
repeter
Repeter.
nycjlee brings up an interesting observation regarding the listening perception of perhaps some musicians. They could in fact be particularly sensitive to speakers/components that they feel deviate from what they recognize/consider a natural sound or tone quality . It seems reasonable their ears could quickly detect what they might interpret as an artificial sound quality.

Just a hunch and certainly not all musicians perceive or hear the same. As nycjlee mentioned though some speakers (components also) do seem to present what some may identify as a more "natural " sound. Maybe the 2 musicians wife’s cited in this thread fit in this particular category of listeners.
Charles
+1 Al Great advice!

As for Best Buy box speakers - don’t dismiss them. Speakers can be quite good at the $2500 price range and up. (Harmon Kardon own Revel and continue to do a good job F206 or 208).

If you want good quality speakers that would satisfy a critical listening musician then I would recommend ATC or PMC or Genelec. That said, I don’t see why your Wilson Sophia 3 can’t be your speaker for life - if driven properly per Al’s comments.
Valid points here, but I think it also has something to do with the low volumes that you're listening at.  Some speakers (or speaker+amp combos) just don't "come alive" at low volumes, even though at higher volumes they may beat up on the alternatives that sound better at low.
Before changing your system try first to change your cables I upgraded  all my cables (speakers,coax ,interconnect and jumpers) to Tellurium Ultra Black with great results much more details, transparency and dynamics .
I wouldn't blow money on cables right now, they will make subtle differences but nothing life changing.