Are my " diamond " tweeters really diamond

Could my diamond tweeters be coated with zircons and not real diamonds. I paid a lot of extra money for those diamonds.

128x128soundsrealaudio
The idea of using synthetic diamond is to use an extremely stiff material so that the resonance/breakup frequency is raised up higher than human hearing. I believe the breakup frequency of diamond is around 70khz. I think beryllium could be around 40-45khz. With metal dome tweeters, the breakup is very low, sometimes as low as 22khz. This is why metal dome can sound harsh/bright.

Which is irrelevant, because no one (especially the average 50+ year old audiophile), can hear above 20 kHz. This is why many flagship speakers, some costing 10s of thousands still use basic aluminum domes. 
How the hell did we end up thinking that we needed diamond tweeters???  Of course I can think of several things that people think we need.......
I have never heard any improvement in sound. I much prefer a nice soft dome tweeter. I may be old but those tweets that go way up in  the frequency range make me edgy and nervous. I think it is the distortion or break up at " inaudible frequencies " really can be perceived. Those people who's hearing was destroyed at the Cuban embassy couldn't hear any high frequencies. 

But what do I know