Two Type of sound and listener preference are there more?

In our thirty years of professional audio system design and setup, we keep on running into two distinctly different types of sound and listeners.

Type One: Detail, clarity, soundstage, the high resolution/accuracy camp. People who fall into this camp are trying to reproduce the absolute sound and use live music as their guide.

Type Two: Musicality camp, who favors tone and listenability over the high resolution camp. Dynamics, spl capabilty, soundstaging are less important. The ability for a system to sound real is less important than the overall sound reproduced "sounds good."

Are there more then this as two distincly different camps?

We favor the real is good and not real is not good philosophy.

Some people who talk about Musicaility complain when a sytem sounds bright with bright music.

In our viewpoint if for example you go to a Wedding with a Live band full of brass instruments like horns, trumpts etc it hurts your ears, shouldn’t you want your system to sound like a mirror of what is really there? Isn’t the idea to bring you back to the recording itself?

Please discuss, you can cite examples of products or systems but keep to the topic of sound and nothing else.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
128x128audiotroy
Going by OP's first post I would say Naim Audio gear is a little bit of Type  1 and Type 2.  Their reputation I think was created out of Type 2 sound - the full PRAT without soundstage and super resolution But through the years the Naim sound has changed (without losing the PRAT) but gaining soundstage.  I would imagine that if goung through their gear at different stages from entry system to high (Statement) more of Type 1 sound would appear in the 'Niaim' sound.
for me it´s more a matter of what I´m trying to obtain;
to recreate an exact reproduction of a recording I have no clue what sounded like in the first place
or
create a credible realistic reproduction of a performance in my living room

I´m in the last category
to make that happen I need
controlled, but not dead acoustics in large volume rooom
harmonics
dynamics and proper headroom
no postcard size soundstage
absolute quiet at 112db system, even at full volume open phono

after having been a dedicated audiophile and music lover for 45 years
an all out custom hornsystem driven by se electronics and NO DSP is what cuts it for me...

Senheis1,  I've never heard Vidar amp, but I bet you never heard AHB2 otherwise you wouldn't post this opinion.  Stating that AHB2 lacks microdynamics, texture, layering or has poor soundstage sounds like a joke.  Please notice that all professional reviews of AHB2 claim exactly the opposite, and there were dozens. 

Since you only posted negative user opinions, that you can always find for any amp, I suspect that you just like colored sound, but I don't understand why you feel defensive about it.  There is nothing wrong with it - it is only a matter of taste. 

You also called AHB2 sound "colored to the analytical/detailed side" and it shows that you have some agenda.  There is no such coloring, but there is a coloring on a side of warm sounding "musical" amps that can be easily shown in the presence of even harmonics they produce. 
I recently decided I wanted a new preamp.  I have a Bryston bp25 that I've had for 10+ years and a benchmark dac2 that I'm using directly into amps in another system.  After reading a ton the last few months I've re-concluded a decade later that the Bryston philosophy is pretty much the same as mine.  I think I'll probably end up getting a bp26 to put in the system that currently doesn't have a separate preamp.  I guess that puts me in camp 1.

I read a million reviews, comments, etc. and while I believe that other preamps are better in some ways, I decided that things like "greater soundstage depth" are most likely the result of colorations that will have negative aspects as well as positive.  I don't have the patience for trying to balance a variety of distortions/colorations to perfectly match my taste.  Just give me what's on the recording.  

@audiotroy
In our viewpoint if for example you go to a Wedding with a Live band full of brass instruments like horns, trumpts etc it hurts your ears, shouldn’t you want your system to sound like a mirror of what is really there? Isn’t the idea to bring you back to the recording itself?
So the sound you’re going for is a wedding band playing live in a horrible acoustic environment?

This is the second time you mentioned this pretty sad analogy (almost as bad as your bad tires on a Ferrari being anything like using stock power cable instead of a high end power cable analogy). If your Personas sound AT ALL fatiguing/harsh/bright, maybe you’re not the audio "doctor" you claim to be.

You CAN have incredible holography and resolution without losing musicality. The fact that you think it’s one or the other is sad. I had confidence in your ears and knowledge somewhat up to this point (aside from your silly cable beliefs, which are completely and utterly ignorant to even the most basic understanding of human brain biases -- which I mentioned before and you completely ignored), but when you use a WEDDING BAND as a way to describe and as an excuse for a system sounding harsh/bright/fatiguing/etc -- you’ve lost me.  Those horns/cymbals/whatever will not sound the same in a proper venue/environment.  And that's how the speakers should sound.  Not like a trumpet in a bathroom. 

You use an example of the "musical" setup in the other thread as being "NOT fatiguing." NO good set up should be fatiguing at any point (as long as you’re at a reasonable volume). You’re doing it wrong, "doctor." :)