Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
Very good Informative words being written from actual owners that are digging the ease of use and most importantly the sonics they are getting with the 2170.

The volume control as Grannyring spoke about is the most transparent and at the same time,gives the very best low level detail and dynamics of any volume control implementation that I’ve ever used.That would include a bent audio tap x with autoformers.

In operation the volume control changes the pwr supply voltage only and retains the same current which most definitely helps the dynamics at lwr volume settings.

The Lyngdorf also has a sensitivity setting on each input individually and you can change the gain to match in volume with other inputs.Similar in theory of changing preamp gain but with no detected downside.

Kenny.

Yes,as mentioned before.
The Lyngdorf has built in crossovers that are completely adjustable for pairing with subwoofers.I use this feature with my pair of subs,when I use them.

Here’s a link to the 2170’s manual.

http://lyngdorf.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/tdai-2170-owners-manual_v17.pdf

Kenny.
Thank you Kenny! Would be nice to eliminate the external crossover and the amp to my mains.
One thing I will add about Room Perfect.  It is the easiest room correction software I have ever used.   I have used both Audyssey and DIrac.  

Your first measurement must be in the MLP.  All other measurements should be random around the room at different heights and locations.   The intent is to get to at least 90% Room Knowledge.  After each measurement, the cumulate Room Knowledge is displayed.   Once you achieve 90%, you are asked if you want to perform additional measurements.  It typically takes 4-5 measurements in my room to get to 90% but that will vary with the room and the locations you use.  I have been taking additional  measurements to achieve 95-98% Room Knowledge. 
Great point on the volume control! This is often a place of sonic degradation in many preamps!