Lyra Delos A truth teller or what?

My experience with the Lyra Delos has been good and to put it the best way too revealing?  So far my original vinyl sounds incredible, especially stuff from the Golden age of stereo.  Amazing to say the least.  However, newly remastered stuff sounds extremely overdone and in some cases unlistenable and I am talking about a lot of Classic reissues.  Is this just the way it will be or will this cartridge still relax a little as I only have roughly 50 hours or so on it?
tzh21y
@tzh21y  I hear ya.  I sold my Delos with 80 hours on it for only $950.  The boosted treble just didn't do it for me.  And I'm running OCC copper ICs.
I have a great dealer that I purchased the table from.  He said he would let me hear a ortofon cadenza bronze on my system to see if it has better synergy.  He thinks its not totally run in yet.  well how long...... lol.  The lyra makes me want to back my chair up.  somewhat shouty.  on older records, not at all.  Go figure
It sounds like the Delos is definitely not working for you, so time to move it on. While lots of people love it, it's not for everyone.

The Cadenza Bronze should be a much more neutral cartridge than the Delos. I had a Cadenza Black and preferred it to the Delos, and it was the best tracking cartridge I have ever used. It can, however, be a little bland on some arms. The Bronze is said to be a bit warmer so may work well.

Another cartridge to consider around the same price is the Shelter 501 Mk III. This is a very balanced and musical cartridge. I preferred this to the Cadenza Black and some much more expensive cartridges, and could easily live with this as my only cartridge.
I am finding that there is a learning curve with this table. The VTA increments have thrown me off somewhat. The Delos seems to be very fussy with VTA. Even a minute increase or decrease effects sound a lot. It is sounding pretty good right now. i know, I go back and forth, learning this table and cartridge.
Update.  The Delos is sounding pretty good.  settling down.  I still do not think it should take this long, borderline ridiculous.  One must have a lot of patience for this cartridge unless its just my copy.  not sure most people want shrill for 150 hours from their new cartridge.  It does sound good now but geez.