Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
Kenny
how is the sound of those beasts with the 2170?
congratulations, they are on my drool list

Just a guess here, but I suspect the Lyngdorf will accept most hi-rez formats, but...they might be down-rezed(?) when DSP room correction and/or PWM amplification occurs.  I'll also hazard a guess that it probably won't matter too much, and the benefits just might outweigh the apparent compromise. I have no idea how the eq will work; will it effect rez, will it allow pre and/or post manipulation with DSP room correction, how much dB range will if afford, will it be fixed or parametric?

Untill Lyngdorf posts a spec sheet, I hope an owner might share specs that might come with the owner's manual.

essrand,
Please let us know how that 2170 works out for you.

ronrags,
Yes,the violins were on my list several yrs ago but I didn’t really want a standmount monitor speaker,my last ones were Dyn c1’s,great speaker though,just not popular anymore unfortunately.Dealers almost have to hold their customers at gunpoint to sale them.
What do you power those violins with,just curious.
Thank You for the kind words and yes these double bass speakers are just glorious.

Kenny.
I’ve decided I’m pulling the trigger next week on the 2170 with Kennys’s dealer he recommended. Offered a fair trade in on a few items I have as well. Really hope it’s as great as many say. Pretty excited! I still have a big integrated tube amp for when I’m feeling Tubey. It’s 220v bought when I was living in Shanghai. Nobody would give me anything for it anyway. 
Unsound,
I will attempt to answer some of your questions if I can,but most of Lyngdorf’s operating technology is in my opinion,proprietary to them and until someone buys their own and pops the top open for a peek,Offcourse most will have no idea what they are looking at.

I try and respect the manufacturers of our components that we buy and I’m only willing to say so much.

The only “spec sheet” is the online manual that’s available to anyone,and direct email’s to their engineering department will get you no answers either.

What I can tell you is that any “Digital” signal that you feed into the 2170,via any of it’s digital inputs is first converted to PWM and then any form of DSP manipulation,volume control,equalization voicings If used,and room perfect correction are applied to the PWM signal before being sent to the amplification portion of the unit.

Now if you feed a “Analog” signal into the 2170,it must first convert into a digital signal via a hardware dac that is 24/96 by chip topology and then is converted to PWM and on down the chain.

Without question to my ears,and using a 2170 for 6 months now,the better that you feed it most definitely the better it will sound.

I can’t really comment at all about your questions related to equalization,whether fixed or parametric,or db range either.I simply have no idea and I don’t use any of the preset voicings that the 2170 offers,I have used Roon’s Parametric equalizer with some speakers with good results,I think the key is to not be very heavy handed with any of them.

I hope I’ve helped you,
Kenny.