Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
Roon’s Parametric has a dB range of +12 to -24 with any frequency selection that you want,fully customizable.

Have you ever used Roon,or are you just pondering about it.

Great for shaving a particular frequency that may be troublesome with some speakers.A example would be around the 2k to 4k presence region,and some speakers simply aren’t flat there and have bumps up there.So a little shave at 3k at 1.3 db to 1.8 db may make a huge difference in the sonics and make that troublesome speaker much more listenable and enjoyable.

Kenny.

Kenny, Thanks again. That’s helpful again. No, I have never used Roon, but, yes I’m pondering it.
@unsound  digital signal from input no matter which frequency and format is resampled by DSP chip to 24/96 PCM (unless they changed it), analog input is converted by ADC chip to 24/96 PCM (unless they changed it) and sent to DSP chip for further processing, signal is consequently buffered, RC/EQ applied by DSP chip and signal is sent to PWM chip, upsampled to 32/384 and sent to MosFET stage controlled by PWM controller... 

in terms of db range applied I believe nobody knows and I don't think Lyngdorf will be willing to share this info 

not sure what changed with TDAI-3400 but if I read the article properly user should be able to tweak the EQ with voicing tool 
kuky,
And you own a 2170 and have looked inside and traced these paths out,or have you just read this info on another website somewhere.

Like I said before,most of what’s happening inside a 2170 is highly proprietary to Lyngdorf and they don’t offer any information related,and realistically I don’t blame them.

Kenny.
The 2170 is really quite simple to understand when you learn exactly how it works,you realize how brilliant the Lyngdorf folks are.

I’ve read all kinds of funky theory’s that some folks come up with on other websites and I just don’t know where or how they come to these conclusions.

People tend to over complicate this technology and in relative terms,it’s quite simple,for all that it does and the sonics to my ears prove that.

The 2170 has a great purity and or transparency in the tone and timbre of your music that never has been fatiguing to me.

Folks that are thinking about one just need to try one for them self’s and then decide.

One thing that’s a given to me is It’s definitely a great big amp world out there with lots of great choices,more than we have ever had in this hobby of ours.

Kenny.