Please Read and express your feelings and opinions....

I noticed  that lately or maybe for the last five yrs, there is so much arguments,name calling, attacking cables , speakers , components makers and more, more of disagreement with members, even Audio dealers are being attack here...Very few know how to apologize when they are wrong.What can we do as Audiogon members to improve our communication to each other? How to give the informations, recommendation to members who need it? This is without involving Audiogon, any opinion or ideas ,  For me this is fun and place to learn in audio...thank you all
128x128jayctoy
Any members participating in a thread - REGARDLESS OF WHAT SIDE THEY COME DOWN ON IN ANY PARTICULAR ISSUE - should call out or warn when another member veers from focusing on subject matter to focusing on perceived faults or failures of other forum members. It doesn't mean all discussions have to be "neutered" or that all passion has to be dispensed with. And it doesn't mean we can't say things like - "No, I'm pretty sure you're wrong" - AS LONG AS WE FOLLOW SUCH STATEMENTS IMMEDIATELY WITH - "and here's why...."

I've participated in a variety of forums as most here likely have ranging over a variety of disparate subjects - fishing, remote controlled aircraft, flying, boat building, audio, automotive repairs....yada yada yada. In every single one - WITHOUT EXCEPTION - moderators implore participants to focus on dissecting the subject matter - not fellow forum members. If people can help each other do that, it is still possible to maintain respect for one another, maintain a civil dialog, yet be able to passionately express our views, experiences, and convictions. A civil forum doesn't have to be a "dead space" like an elevator with elevator music playing in the background.
ps sorry for the caps. If someone knows what button to press for boldface or italics, let me know - thanks...

I wouldn’t worry about it, it’s just male egos butting horns most of the time. If someone gets too bent over something I say, I just point them to my forum or website.

For example: I obviously disagree with cj outlook as far as thread development. On my forum I tend to let the threads develop on their own steam and momentum. With audio because you have an entire audio chain that starts with the recording and all the way to the listener’s ears and perception, chopping it up into too many bite size nuggets it kind of feels like someone is trying to say the arm doesn’t exist because I want to focus only on a finger. You can easily focus on the finger while referencing and even including the whole body. At the same time I don’t think cj’s view is a bad one, it’s just different from mine.

Now if someone gets heated or disrespectful, that’s another story. It's a very enjoyable hobby and it's weird to me when I see people getting upset or causing a deliberate disturbance in the force (if I can steal that phrase).

Michael Green

www.michaelgreenaudio.net

Audiogon forums are full of dealers manufacturers suggesting there products or fan boys commenting on a new favorite product we also have the highly biased and inexperienced giving advice out. And those who do capacitor swaps of the day without every really comparing results without measuring results just the old I did this mod and its the best ever. You will see many post about whats the best or the old all this is that. And my favorite that those using any vintage are fools and they should burn it and buy the latest English designed  Chinese bookshelf's to be considered audiophile and of coarse the copper you use to wire it all up needs to be extremely costly or its not considered audiophile. 
I feel like a bit of rough and tumble makes threads more fun.  I also feel that sensitive people should stay off the internet.