Please Read and express your feelings and opinions....

I noticed  that lately or maybe for the last five yrs, there is so much arguments,name calling, attacking cables , speakers , components makers and more, more of disagreement with members, even Audio dealers are being attack here...Very few know how to apologize when they are wrong.What can we do as Audiogon members to improve our communication to each other? How to give the informations, recommendation to members who need it? This is without involving Audiogon, any opinion or ideas ,  For me this is fun and place to learn in audio...thank you all
128x128jayctoy
ps sorry for the caps. If someone knows what button to press for boldface or italics, let me know - thanks...

I wouldn’t worry about it, it’s just male egos butting horns most of the time. If someone gets too bent over something I say, I just point them to my forum or website.

For example: I obviously disagree with cj outlook as far as thread development. On my forum I tend to let the threads develop on their own steam and momentum. With audio because you have an entire audio chain that starts with the recording and all the way to the listener’s ears and perception, chopping it up into too many bite size nuggets it kind of feels like someone is trying to say the arm doesn’t exist because I want to focus only on a finger. You can easily focus on the finger while referencing and even including the whole body. At the same time I don’t think cj’s view is a bad one, it’s just different from mine.

Now if someone gets heated or disrespectful, that’s another story. It's a very enjoyable hobby and it's weird to me when I see people getting upset or causing a deliberate disturbance in the force (if I can steal that phrase).

Michael Green

www.michaelgreenaudio.net

Audiogon forums are full of dealers manufacturers suggesting there products or fan boys commenting on a new favorite product we also have the highly biased and inexperienced giving advice out. And those who do capacitor swaps of the day without every really comparing results without measuring results just the old I did this mod and its the best ever. You will see many post about whats the best or the old all this is that. And my favorite that those using any vintage are fools and they should burn it and buy the latest English designed  Chinese bookshelf's to be considered audiophile and of coarse the copper you use to wire it all up needs to be extremely costly or its not considered audiophile. 
I feel like a bit of rough and tumble makes threads more fun.  I also feel that sensitive people should stay off the internet.
There was a thread started here a while ago, I think it was " what about horns ", and the fun began. I jumped in, talking about why dynamics of a sound system is high on my priority list, and another came on and made the statement " I loathe horns ". I have to admit, I was seduced into the bantering that was about to take place. Turns out I owned the same speakers as this individual, with a superior ss amp that he owned ( imo ), and know first hand that dynamics was not a virtue of his system ( I admitted to other virtues he was enjoying ). It was boys against boys, looking for our manhood. Although us horn lovers felt he, and a few others, were trolls, the posting was an invite for everyone. The point of all this : bring it on........it is all part of our journey.