New Speakers ... Can't Stop "Listening"

I’ve had my new JA Pulsars for about a month now, and something really strange has happened ... I’m actually interested in "listening" to the music. With my old B&Ws, I’d put on the system and read or surf the internet; being "involved" with the music typically was not something I had experienced. Now, reading a magazine or surfing the ’net is virtually impossible. It's almost as if I'm compelled to pay attention. I never knew I could be so engaged by my system. Other than greater detail, what am I hearing now that I hadn’t heard before? Has anyone had a similar experience?
rlb61
I don't think there's anything that special about JA cabinets or drivers, so to me the special sauce that makes their speakers sound so good and different from others (at least to me) is mainly the crossover.  So unless you can reproduce the infinite slope crossover design JA uses and implement it correctly with the specific drivers and cabinet being used (to me this is the real value added), you might make great sounding speakers but I seriously doubt they'll have that certain JA magic.  I know I can't do it, so some day I'll be happy to cut Jeff Joseph a check.  But I agree that building speakers would be a very worthwhile, educational, and fun exercise that I'll definitely give a shot at some point (probably after we boot the kids out of the nest).
The discussion or perhaps digression around the kits and similarity of the drivers was not intended to imply that folks who buy "designer" high end speakers are being ripped off. Building these kits is work and takes patience and tuning them to taste is an acquired/learned skill. And it takes a special type of person to go the DIY route, just like changing your own oil in your car or replacing windows in your home. Will you save money at the end, probably yes. Will you know what you're going to end up with, probably not.    
Hi @kalali - 

This is a digression. 

I'm not saying everyone should design their own speakers, nor do I think saving money is the reason to do so. 

I do think every audiophile should get their hands at least a little dirty at least once in their hobby. Even if you only buy a $50 kit with all the parts ready to assemble, the learning experience of making your own speakers is priceless, as is the ability to tinker endlessly. I feel strongly that if more audiophiles went from amateur speaker engineers to actually building even a single pair of speakers our hobby would be better for it. 

Best,

E
@erik_squires 
Completely agree. Sometimes DIY hifi is more satisfying than buying equipment. Especially your DIY actually comes close to purchased equipment.

My own:
https://youtu.be/C8fwA3nPNls

Good job pc997! 

(I feel like I just spoke a line from a Star Wars movie...)

How do you find your speakers compare to some of the comparable commercially built models?