Audio-Technica ART 7

Good day A,goners :)

I was in love with the AT OC9 III sound until I damaged it accidentally !!!!!!!!!! The needle broke off completely of the cartridge. I am looking for a replacement. 

I am wanting to stay with Audio-Technica, and looking into ART 9 and ART 7. I read the threads here and some other forums in regards to the ART 9 cart. Most likely will go for the ART 9. However, I am curious about the ART 7.

How many of you here are /were ACTUALLY using ART 7? With what phono stage and gain setting? What are the strength and limitation if you are using / used the ART 7?

I will be using it on a Project RMP 9 table with the 9cc Project arm, Simaudio Moon 310Lp phono, XLR cables (6dB additional gain) to BAT pre-amp.  

Thanks a lot for your inputs :)
Subho

128x128confuse_upgraditis
Chakster, It seems other guys here, who perhaps live in different countries, are saying they receive unopened factory containers when they order from 2juki, suggesting there was no possibility that 2juki tampered with serial numbers, let alone added a serial number from a different product.  I suppose it's possible that he acts differently for products sold to your country, compared to the US, for example.  In any case, others don't seem to agree about the SN tampering.  That said, it's still possible that the manufacturer might not honor the warranty if the serial number suggests it was not sold through one of their dealers.  I dunno.
I doubt 2juki actually alters serial numbers - what would be his purpose in doing this?
More likely is the local distributor keeps track of serials coming through his distribution chain and can therefore identify serials from other sources. In both cases the item is genuine, but I can see why a local distributor would refuse warranty service. I think most people buying grey market product realize this and weigh it against the often considerably cheaper price.
FWIW I’ve bought from 2juki several times and have always had prompt service and no issues.
When I got my ART9 2juki was closed for the new year and I bought from Thakker - also without issue - and saved $500 on the local price.
violin118 posts04-23-2018 11:06amDave, where in the U.S. can one purchase the ART-9? I have tried the Needle Doctor and LP Gear and they do not show it.
thanks.
Carter

I bought my ART9 from Needle Doctor about a month ago.  They are an authorized dealer.  If it's not on the site, call them.  I went in the shop and had Ken mount mine... so no doubt they are a dealer and they have the ART9 in stock.  I don't know about ART7, but I think so.

As for the ART9, I can tell you that my system has never sounded better. I am not an audio reviewer.  But, to me, it's smooth, the frequency response is very even from top to bottom, and I think it just sound effortless.  Somehow, it seems like the music just flows from this cartridge.  No background noise, the groove is quiet.  Between it and my new Manley Chinook, the system really has never sounded better.  I stepped up to the ART9 after my Dyna 10x5 suffered a bent cantilever.

I have to believe that the ART7 is equally as good, especially with the types of music they say it works best with... Classical and Jazz, I think.
@lewm 

Chakster, It seems other guys here, who perhaps live in different countries, are saying they receive unopened factory containers when they order from 2juki, suggesting there was no possibility that 2juki tampered with serial numbers, let alone added a serial number from a different product.

I don't care what they said, any box can be opened and then sealed with plastic again, look at your ZYX cartridge! The way the serial number stamped on it and the way the serial stated in the manual. Everything can be opened and sealed again when it comes to $3-5k cartridges.

Unfortunately the manufacturer of the very high priced high-end products (cartridges) doesn't care too much about prints, boxes, sealing materials. Everything can be printed, sealed by anyone at home. He's not making cartridges at his garage for sure (they are original), but his grey market product is masked to hide his source. The manufacturer will close the distributor who's selling overstock to grey marked dealers. 

Averyone have to read the message on Robyn Wayatt's site: 
http://www.robyattaudio.com/ below is a quote: 

""Any Miyajima products purchased from EBay from Hong Kong carry NO USA warranty, or support. Any type of repair or re-tip will not be honored by Robyatt Audio, or Miyajima-Labs.

If you purchase a grey market Miyajima Labs product, if and when it fails, its junk- NO repair."" 

The manufacturers and distributors are worried about it, do you think they have no reason for that ? Then why the biggest distributors of Ortofon, Miyajima, ZYX ... in USA are so concerned that even the cartridge designers themselfs will refuse the grey market cartridges?

Some cheaters selling overstock to grey market dealer to get rid of them for very low price, all they need is to hide the real serial numbers! And thast's what they do. 

At the same time some people prefer to buy from cheaters on grey market ignoring the fact that manufacturers of those carts are not happy about the situation and simply do not service them! 

We have people like Robyn Wayatt in USA who can give any buyer his Miyajima on trial for full refund! It's absolutely amazing offer. We have Mehran at RosaSound who's the greatest dealer and very nice person, he always announce discounts on his site, special offers for trade-in stuff etc. I could mention great dealers in Europe as well. If someone will buy anything from them they will get full support forever. I have no bias, i'm not in USA and i have no busines relation with any of them. As a buyer i have spoken with various dealers, customer support by the dealer and service by the manufacturer are two reason why we want to buy from official distributors (instead of grey market dealers). 

@soundermn 

Having bought from an authorized US dealer, do you know what the re-tipping charge is from Audio Technica?  Is that done in the US?