Moving from MM to MC

I have a Shure M97x cart and it's been fantastic, but itching to test the waters with MC carts. What is the biggest thing I will notice once I switch?

BTW thinking of getting the Denon DL 103 for around $220. That a good bang for the buck under $300?
bstatmeister
The Denon DL103 along with the 103r are outstanding devices and perform well above there current cost.   The DL-103, given the cost is a great way to explore MC on the cheap. 
The Denon DL103 along with the 103r are outstanding devices and perform well above there current cost.   The DL-103, given the cost is a great way to explore MC on the cheap.
Thanks for the support of dabbling in MC. I will definitely try it one day, (when funds permit) but at this point I have been persuaded to do an upgrade to a better MM cartridge. 
Right now it's neck and neck between a Nagaoka MP-150 or a JICO S.A.S replacement stylus for the Shure m97xE. This one supposedly has a unique tip that "reaches deeper into the groove" to pull out more groove info and be better in the higher frequencies, also sports a boron cantilever, which I am told is better than aluminum. The Jico SAS would be about 100 bucks less than the Nagaoka, so I might go this way first, but if anyone has any opinions between these, two, I would be happy to hear them. (also, opinions on the Schiit Mani, as well)

The SAS/ M97xe combo is a giant killer IMO, at least up to around the $1K mark. The caveat is that it requires precise alignment and setup to hear everything it has to offer (especially VTA and VTF). It also takes a good 50 hours of break-in before it really shines. It won't sacrifice much of the Shure's warmth but will produce gobs more detail and separation - simply in a whole different league. I'm convinced it's the best value to be found in analog. Boron cantilevers are traditionally reserved for $2K^ carts! 
Ortofon 2M Bronze. Using one now on my Technics SL1210GR, $440 new. Sounds is stunning. Stylus is replaceable, and you can upgrade to the 2M Black stylus later on down the road.

Very easy to install, and only needs appoz. 20 hours of play until it really starts to shine. Keeps getting better from there on out too.
Everyone who's advise is to buy stock DL-103 should learn a bit more about stylus profile, the stock DENON-103 or 103R has a CONICAL TIP

Why the conical/spherical stylus is the worst ever you can read in this thread: 

https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22894