Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
I guess it probably depends on the speaker and amount of correction that is being applied. I am now getting 18% correction for Focus position. Not sure if this is in the ballpark or not to what others are getting. Bypass in my system sounds kinda distant, loose, and undefined compared to Focus and to a lessor extent global. In my room I couldn't imagine anyone picking bypass as the preferred mode. Of course as I mentioned I have a fairly bad room. 
mofojo

You and me both on the room
Try 4 walls of glass and a tiled floor and a vaulted ceiling!
No wonder I found this amp to be a godsend and ended up with over 30% correction, thats how bad my room is!
Try 4 walls of glass and a tiled floor and a vaulted ceiling!
Good grief! Audiophiles should not live in glass houses. I'm surprised the 2170 didn't wave the white flag and give up.
Bullitt5094

No kidding!
You can tell who wears the pant in my house!
Seriously it is a Florida/Sun room.
The opening from the main house is two huge sets of glass sliding doors which take up one wall then 3 walls of 3/4 height glass windows.
Tiled floor, Vaulted ceiling so it gets a sloping roof for rain.
Now I do have wooden blinds on every external glass wall, huge thick floor rug and 3 large squishy sofas to help out with the audio.
Speakers are on maple block stands.
All in all it is not as terrible as it could be
But the 2170 was a huge break through and will be here for a while until the next best thing shows up....like a new house!