Happy with digital, but thinking about vinyl--looking for system specific recommendations

I just upgraded my dac to the Chord Qutest which seems perfect for my system.  And in the months between that order & its arrival, I also found a great deal on a Croft Micro 25R (already had the basic 25 preamp).  Since it has an allegedly excellent tube MM phono stage, it seems a shame to not make use of it at least occasionally.  I don't have much experience here, so I'm hoping for some ideas of what might be a good match to my system (ProAc Studio 148 speakers, First Watt M2 amp, Cardas Neutral Reference IC's & Anticables 3.1 speaker wire), preferably the least expensive turntable/cartridge option that's still good enough to make me want to actually not just click 'play' on Tidal. Thanks.

gnostalgick
Since your phono stage apparently has gain enough for an MM or MI cartridge, but not a LOMC (Low Output Moving Coil) type, I would recommend a top notch MM or MI cartridge. Sound Smith make a line of MI cartridges that have a good reputation, but you need to be sure the output voltage is sufficient to drive your MM stage. (MM cartridges generally put out about 3 to 5mV at the standardized stylus velocity of 3.54 or 5.0 cm/sec. Whereas MI cartridges often produce closer to 1-2 mV at the same standard velocity.) Nagaoka, Grado, Clearaudio, Audio Technica, and others I cannot conjure up at this moment make fine MM cartridges. I use any of several "vintage" MMs, including Grace Ruby and Acutex (which is actually an induced magnet type). I am currently comparing my Acutex LPM320 to a newly acquired Audio Technica ART7, which is an LOMC type. The ART7 is very highly regarded, and I like it too, but the Acutex gives away nothing to the ART7. Lately, I am tending to prefer the Acutex, but the ART7 is not fully broken in.
The least expensive option may not give you what you want. You could look out for a used vintage table like a Thorens 160 or up your budget to a Rega 3 etc. 
I have a few Croft amps including a 25R. I would strongly recommend swapping out the stock tubes for Telefunken ECC83 or Shughang 12AX7LPS black. Nagaoka MP110 is a good starter cartridge.