SL1200GAE New Tonearm

Want to change the stock arm. Looking at a triplaner 9" vii any other one around $3500 new used . No preferences in particular.
128x128jtsnead
@jtsnead : Obviously can and that's why he did it and that's why I gave mine and you and other gentlemans gave their own. We are in a free world and I'm not saying I can't be wrong and I always am willing to learn from you or every one.

I did not tell you stay away from TP, I only gave my opinion why this time is better stay away from any tonearm change saving money for other better time in the near future but as I said it I don't care what you decide about because it's not my money and it's not me whom have to live with.

I'm sorry to disturb you through my posts, Ionly try to help.

R.
All good this hobby is a passion and the people that pursue it are very passionate
raul, I must say I'm disappointed by your reference to Ralph as a rookie.  

You and I met some years ago and I have great respect for your audio knowledge and that in person you impress as a real gentleman.  But some of your replies here seem quite condescending.

Ralph can speak for himself but he has been in the audio business more than 30 years I believe.  He may not design and build tonearms but he has the experience of utilizing a number of arms in the tables he builds and modifications he offers.  That is not a basis for being labeled a rookie.

He prefers the design of the TP arms, you do not.  One thing I've learned in decades of participation in this hobby, there are no absolute answers.
Dear @pryso : How you doing, I hope everything is fine with you and your family.

Look, I understand your point but in reality that's not the main subject of my latest post to him.

He is an expert with tube design. I said it's a roockie on overall tonearm design because I belive in this and that he choosed to make his busine$$ through the TP speaks about.

I'm not against him as a fact I'm not against any one inside or outside the audio world. You know me and know I'm not that kind of person.

Your post appreciated.

R.
I love the stock arm.  I think its pretty darn good.  It takes some time getting the right headshell and so on but it sounds really good to these ears.  Cannot see how it can get much better and I have heard some great tonearms.