BaerWald vs VPI setup protractors

Which is more accurate? Recently I decided to check my setup on a Scout using both the VPI gauge and a Baerwald protractor. Using the Baerwald the overhang is dead on in both locations, using the VPI the stylus misses the mark forward by about half a millimeter. Can this small amount of variance have a sonic impact? Has anyone else found this differene and what was your solution? 
128x128gillatgh
@cleeds We agree: I know very little about the world. At least I know enough to not assume, and to be civil.

I have tried many alignment jigs but after long term listening always go back to the VPI.

IMO....YMMV.
I'm all for saving money.  As regards protractors, my ship has left the dock.  I already own and have paid for the UNItractor, the Feickert, an original all metal Dennesen (I keep it for its historical value), and a Turntable Basics (which I no longer use at all).  For those who have not already shot their wad, there is apparently a free program available on the internet wherein you can dial in the name of your tonearm and cartridge and then print out a free arc protractor template, provided your printer will make 1:1 copies.  Do a search on either VE or VA for the URL. Honestly, I do not feel that the mirror is so vital to the procedure, although the UNI is mirrored.  Certainly, not using a mirror does not make one ignorant or careless.  If your cantilever is out of line, you probably can compensate for the error by guesstimate.
@lewm 

I posted a link to the arc protractor software in my first post. It prints exactly 1:1 on most printers I've used.