SL1200GAE New Tonearm

Want to change the stock arm. Looking at a triplaner 9" vii any other one around $3500 new used . No preferences in particular.
128x128jtsnead
Well said Norbert. I agree totally. As far as atmosphere having an agenda good for him i feel as long as vendors are up front and honest and truly believes in what he likes it is all good. Ralph has never tried to sell me anything he just offered his honest opinions which I listened to because he has expierennce with what I am interested in. 
jtsnead,

This Forum might be my only way to communicate today. Computer is totally down and phone is having issues too.  

I did send you photos and tried email too. I don’t know if you received??
Dear @jcarr : """   preference either for or against universal headshell tonearms. """

unfortunatelly my dialogue with atmasphere was and is from a way different subject.

"""  although cartridge manufacturers would love for universal-headshell tonearms to become more popular (because that would encourage customers to own more cartridges), many high-quality tonearms, including those mentioned above, do not use removable headshells. """

Problem is that till today does not exist the " perfect " tonearm design, always we have to deal with trade-offs looking for the " best " trade-offs.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
Dear @nkonor: I know that you did not buy it because you like it, I was refering to the OP post.

Yes, it's your money and your privilege.

When I give any advise I always analize all what's surrounded in that audio system or audio item and then share what I will do if I was in the same situation/scenario and that's why I said that makes no sense to change a very good tonearm with out been analized the different up-date alternatives as the ones I mentioned that with out doubt makes the stock Technics tonearm to " swim " in the same pool as the best top today TP and maybe way better than the TP just maybe.

The stock Technics tonearm is marketed to a price point where the 1877 up-dates can't goes because that price point.

The 1877 up-date is a wire that the TP today owners only can " dream " because the one inside the TP is an inferior one and that's what you have.

But, as I said it's your money and spend it as you want it.

Like you, I always ask for more too.

R.