Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Hello everybody, I live in Italy and own a pair of CS3.5. When I read that Mr. Gillum was repairing Thiel speakers, I shipped the CS3.5 bass equalizer for him to restore.
He finally received it last May, 5th and by mail told me it would take a couple of days to check it. Not receiving any reply within a reasonable time I decided to email back two days ago with no luck. So I called many times during normal working hrs in KY and again only answering machine. So today I sent a email to Mr. Tom Thiel, Thiel's former co-founder and to this forum.
Maybe Mr Gillum is just very busy, and I truly hope so, that he is unable to reply and still had no time to get back with me, or he lost my email, but if somebody can tell me how to contact him I would appreciate.
Thank you
Dino

Hi Everyone!! 

I joined the AVS forum and posted there but it seems like all the Thiel Heads are here in numbers :)  I need some feed back before I make a large mistake and might have made one all ready but you tell me. I am 52 yro and 4 months ago heard the first Audiophile system and can believe I have been under a rock for so looong! I'm hooked hard, so like many of you I started to READ and Read, was to many hours hear on Audiogon. Was very close to purchasing KEF Ref series 2ch/HT then got drank the Vandersteen kool-aid after hearing Quarto & 7's I have quotes from three Vandersteen dealers and was very very close. Then two months ago I told myself this is insane! go get a simple system so i could start playing around with Tidal and other Hi-res sources while i READ MORE I could atleast listen to some music finally! So I marched into Stereo Unlimited and was going to buy a Vandy 3 sig or next model up to use with a SIMPLE Peachtree Nova 300 that had good reviews and was guilt free if i was only going to use for short time. Well sitting there was a pair of Thiel CS 2.7's I ended up buying them a WOW,,,,, I understand Thiels are hard to run, etc etc,,, but this Peachtree is a match!! sounded better than the Vandy Quarto being run with monster VTL mono tubes and VTL pre amp,  After 2  months of listening and reading I went on a Thiel hunt, My goal is to have in one room a 2ch/HT ALL Thiel w/atmos and in another room just two channel. For the two channel room I bought CS 3.7 and will run with Peachtree I have already. In other room I bought MCs 1' for center. CS 1.7 for rears, 4 Power point 1.2 for atmos and two SS2 theil subs and will use the CS 2.7's that started this rampage.  Sorry for long winded intro post. So the first question is what HT processor and amps to run it? Does any one have first hand running Mcintosh with Thiel? I could only find two thiel subs would you run both in HT/2ch and buy a Rel for 2ch 3.7 room or split one sub in each system? was also going to ad a Bluesound streamer to both systems so I can run 2ch on two systems at once for whole home coverage. Thank you!! and nice to meet the group. Dan     
Dinopau 

Sorry here is robs contact info

Coherent Source Service 763 Newtown Pike Ste. 130 Lexington, KY 40511
859-554-9790 rob@coherentsourceservice.com
You are in good hands  he is busy Getting my speakers ready!! sorry
I talked to him in person yesterday. Alive and well. Double check his phone number and email address it has changed recently.
I had both of my equalizers repaired this past year and it made a big difference. With every penny but it made me start looking at alternatives in case he could not repair it. Fortunately, he still had some donor parts

dancastagna...

Right now I’m selling off a pair of Vandy 3A Sigs that I picked up just a few months ago. You can’t go wrong with Vandersteen in general, in many ways they are THIS close to Thiels but...they just ain’t.  The bass reproduction strikes me as honest an unforgiving as Thiel, but methinks the Thiel bests Vandy in the mids and highs.  Perhaps by just a hair or two, but my humble, sixty-one year old ears love the articulate treble that Thiel does so damn well. 

I’m selling the Vandies because of reasons other and apart from my ridiculous audiot life; when I’m able to return Thiel will top my list -  hopefully 3.5’s because sizewise/roomwise/pricewise they simply kill.  I will BEGIN with Thiel and build around Thiel.  Hopefully with yet another Pass Labs amp...wotta match!

I’ve said before that buying used Thiel speakers is an investment, not just a purchase.  Now with Rob taking care of us zealots my sentiment rings even more true.  Thiel rules and Thiel LIVES!