Replacing generic RECEPTACLES

How important is it to replace your generic receptacles with audio grade receptacles . I already replaced my stock power cords to high end Shunyatas. Would it still be necessary to still change my generic receptacles to audio grade? 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
I do replace bad teeth no snit with good ones, but if a tooth is good, no need for root canal right?
aniwolfe
You can use a 20a receptacle on a 15a line.
Correct. But it's a violation of the NEC and potentially hazardous, because the 15A breaker can 't protect against the potential 20A load, would could cause overheating of the wire inside the wall.
"Over heating of the wire in the wall. But the wire is 12 gauge anyway..... ??
ALL the wire in most places I have lived is always 12 gauge in the wall anyway. 15 or 20 amp circuit.
The requirement for a 20 amp service line is 12 gauge wire....As long as we are getting all technical.
So if you line has a 12 gauge wire in the wall, even though it has a 15 amp breaker, then the fear of overheated wire is lost on the 12 gauge in wall wires. (naturally this precludes really long runs.. But whose house has rooms 200 ft long anyway???)
elizabeth. Yes that is what i would do if i could , I would use my dedicated 20 amp quad circuit also for my cdp. But unfortunately that quad dedicated 20a circuit is right in back of my amp and preamp. My cdp is a distance from that quad circuit. So thats why i have to put in another dedicated line for the cdp. So i will then just put in a 20a dedicated line with the Furutech GTX-d-r .
elizabeth
The requirement for a 20 amp service line is 12 gauge wire....As long as we are getting all technical

Not necessarily. Check the NEC and your local code. Code also almost always (there are some exceptions) requires that any "device" (receptacle) connected to the circuit have the same rating or better as the breaker.