Replacing generic RECEPTACLES

How important is it to replace your generic receptacles with audio grade receptacles . I already replaced my stock power cords to high end Shunyatas. Would it still be necessary to still change my generic receptacles to audio grade? 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
I have the Oyaide outlet plates and covers and I’m darned if I can tell if they make a difference ... certainly pretty low on the value for money scale. They’re also a pain to fit and I have had threads stripped due to poor manufacturing tolerances.

Whatever outlet face plate you choose it will still vibrate as the small number of and poorly positioned screws don’t hold any outlet plate securely. Adding some fOQ material to damp the plate to the outlet surround will be both cheap and audible (but look as ugly as hell)
Agree with the last 2 posts regarding the inexpensive but quite effective Porter Ports and hospital grade +cryo treated = why not, doesn’t cost too much more. Funny to me how so many folks I KNOW spend 100.00 or more for fancy fuses and STILL have .35 cheap contractor track house grade recepticles, they’re garbage and should be immediately replaced prior to plugging in expensive audio electronics. I haven’t tried some of the pricier receptacles but would venture still a wiser investment FIRST over boutique fuses. At the very least commercial grade at a few bucks each would provide a better more effective grip without the  worry of arcing caused by a weighty furtech plugged into a .35 receptacle.
One useful cheap tool to use in the ever exciting world of AC power is a "GreenLee GT-16 Adjustable Voltage Detector" They now cost about $23 on Amazon. (Other brands do not work as well for sniffing stray AC The GT -16 has a good adjustable range, and works well for AC) Once you have one, you can sniff out all the stray voltage escaping from your AC wires, plugs, and equipment screens etc..So odd things too, Like pole lamps spray a ton of AC contamination.. When the basic zip cord in running up inside the metal lamp pole.. Another place are umbilicals of two box preamps. I own two of them And both umbilicals spray a ton of 300V stuff (Both use tubes)
ALL AC outlets spray electrons out the unblocked holes..
One of the reasons I still like Pangea power cords is they are REALLY well shielded. No stray voltage there. *except atthe molded plug ends)
So with the GT-16, I can see I stop all the stray voltage out of a duplex with the brass plate. (if the holes in the duplex outlet (for plugs) are filled with metal body grounded plugs.
That is all you are doing with the Carbon Fiber one too.

I also find the Teflon plumbers tape tweak to stop the escape of stray voltage from duplex.
That is wrap each AC plug 3 metal prong bases with a few turns around each prong base with the tape. The plug, when inserted the duplex will push the tape and crush it between the plug and duplex, creating a insulation shield where that small space of blade is exposed... so the sneaky electrons do not sneak out the crack. naturally I cannot hear any difference with this. But it is a dexterity challenge, and fun to mess with. One time added and usually the Teflon tape will stay in place over several pluggings. and unpluggings.
Complete waste of time, but for fanatics... Nothing is to obscure or odd.
@elizabeth ....Thank you for your explanation on the Brass outlet covers...I am going to take you opinion and fly with it...Thank you for saving me about $ 615, on those 2 carbon fiber covers from Oyaide. I will now use Brass dual duplex , and a Brass single duplex with my 3 Furutech GTX-d r 
@folkfreak    Thank you for sharing your experience with the Oyaide plates and covers..I really am glad now that i didnt buy them ..