What is the best HEAVY METAL speaker?

I know totally blasphemy question here on Audiogon. But you like what you like, right? Anyway, I know most metal music is totally compressed and recorded horrible (aka Metallica) however there is a new age of metal bands out there that are starting to change that (Opeth started with Blackwater Park). So what speakers out there can take the pounding of a double bass drum kit hitting at full throttle and give the roar of metal guitar justice. There has to be a set up that would make Glen Tipton turn his head and say hell ya!
128x128lizzardkingseattle
lizzardkingseattle
good to read that you are still searching for a Rocking pair of speakers.Check out Thiel or Vandersteen. These (2) brands are excellent for Rock.Keep auditioning and writing. Happy 4th of July.
anybody listen to the Tekton Impact Monitors? I have to fly with some speakers and can't do the big towers... also looking for a rock-metal-stoner speaker that will play some less than stellar recorded rock
I have been doing a lot of research lately in creating my own speakers with quality parts to meet my musical tastes. Since most speaker manufactures are aimed at customers that want smaller speakers and the look of an art piece, I figured I would have to step up and build them myself.   I am very surprised in my research that I haven't found someone else in this pursuit of the perfect heavy metal, classic rock speaker and has created their own.
@lizzardkingseattle The reason is you can't build a speaker that favors any kind of music. The properties that make a speaker good for metal will also make it good for classical or jazz. FWIW I play both on my system. IMO/IME the speaker you would want is one that is fairly efficient- since there is no good reason to make any amplifier work hard, since that just results in more distortion. You don't want distortion even though the guitar amps are making quite a lot- you just want to get the recording to sound the way it was made.
I still have the Classic Audio Loudspeakers I mentioned several years ago in this thread and they excel at metal and any other form of music. They are 98 db, 16 ohms (so easy to drive) and go down to 20Hz. The midrange driver has its first breakup at 35KHz, so it sounds very fast, detailed and very smooth.
op,
I think atmasphere is giving you the very best advice. You may not be able to afford that particular speaker, (I can't), but try Klipsch Forte or Cornwall, or something of that ilk.
Just to be "funny" I'd say look at Magico speakers, they are constructed with metal cabinets and are quite heavy.

But seriously, not my cup of tea, but back in the day I used to sell Klipsch speakers, very efficient and very much loved by "rockers".  I sold a lot of Cornwalls and would recommend you also consider a pair of Forte III models as well.