What is the best HEAVY METAL speaker?

I know totally blasphemy question here on Audiogon. But you like what you like, right? Anyway, I know most metal music is totally compressed and recorded horrible (aka Metallica) however there is a new age of metal bands out there that are starting to change that (Opeth started with Blackwater Park). So what speakers out there can take the pounding of a double bass drum kit hitting at full throttle and give the roar of metal guitar justice. There has to be a set up that would make Glen Tipton turn his head and say hell ya!
128x128lizzardkingseattle
I have been doing a lot of research lately in creating my own speakers with quality parts to meet my musical tastes. Since most speaker manufactures are aimed at customers that want smaller speakers and the look of an art piece, I figured I would have to step up and build them myself.   I am very surprised in my research that I haven't found someone else in this pursuit of the perfect heavy metal, classic rock speaker and has created their own.
@lizzardkingseattle The reason is you can't build a speaker that favors any kind of music. The properties that make a speaker good for metal will also make it good for classical or jazz. FWIW I play both on my system. IMO/IME the speaker you would want is one that is fairly efficient- since there is no good reason to make any amplifier work hard, since that just results in more distortion. You don't want distortion even though the guitar amps are making quite a lot- you just want to get the recording to sound the way it was made.
I still have the Classic Audio Loudspeakers I mentioned several years ago in this thread and they excel at metal and any other form of music. They are 98 db, 16 ohms (so easy to drive) and go down to 20Hz. The midrange driver has its first breakup at 35KHz, so it sounds very fast, detailed and very smooth.
op,
I think atmasphere is giving you the very best advice. You may not be able to afford that particular speaker, (I can't), but try Klipsch Forte or Cornwall, or something of that ilk.
Just to be "funny" I'd say look at Magico speakers, they are constructed with metal cabinets and are quite heavy.

But seriously, not my cup of tea, but back in the day I used to sell Klipsch speakers, very efficient and very much loved by "rockers".  I sold a lot of Cornwalls and would recommend you also consider a pair of Forte III models as well.
Well, I'll agree and disagree with @atmasphere at the same time.

Technically, a good speaker is a good speaker. Should measure well etc.  I don't disagree.

That said, I do think people who like certain genre's of music look for different properties.  I think a speaker like your Classic Audio, is a damn fine speaker and likely does sound good with everything.  Much like the JBL M2's that are DSP'd etc.

But I've owned some nice speakers that measure great, and on certain types of music, including Rock sound pretty darn good. As they should, they are good speakers.

But, typically I find that Rock/Metal guys like myself are looking for a huge soundstage, and that "live" sound.  Maybe not the best imaging.  But damn, it's like being at a concert.

Horns of course, and IMO speakers like the OHM Walsh - they do that.  Trade-offs of course, and they also sound pretty good on most genres.  But I do think certain genre's of music have trade-offs that certain speakers give.  Maybe a little mid-bass hump with a slight roll-off at the time with a big ass soundstage... That's what I'm finding I truly like.
But, typically I find that Rock/Metal guys like myself are looking for a huge soundstage, and that "live" sound. Maybe not the best imaging. But damn, it's like being at a concert.
Huge soundstage is a sign of a good speaker with good resolution.
The idea that a speaker can be 'best' for a certain genre of music is one of the older and more established myths in audio. I had one guy ask me what the best speaker was for downtempo 80s music. Sheesh! How in the heck do you make a speaker favor a certain taste in music?? You can't- the speaker might have certain bumps and dips in its response, but what if the dudes on stage play different notes? Even in metal that tends to happen :)