Mytek Dac going Ac to DC power.

Feed back on those who Gone DC to power the Audio component's. As there's a number of AC/DC

power converters on the market place. BUT! SOME REALLY DON'T MEET a true Audiophile sonic bench mark.

Look forward to those who  HAVE gone DC.

tubes444

bigshutterbug

p.s. What sonic improvements did the Astron RS12A have over the

Mytek internal 12VPS that was most noticeable to your ear.

Bass, Mid, Highs, transits, Depth of sound stage etc.?

@bigshutterbug Agree about ’tuning’ via wire @12vdc. I also tried many different types of wire between the Astron LPS and the digital component. The change in sound was very easy to hear. I ended up with 20awg OCC pure solid copper magnet wire.

To combat digital backwash, I added this ICT PCM 12ADL in-line between the Astron and the digital component. It cleaned up the signal even more. Three of these are in my system - between 3 Astrons and the modem/router, the dac and the dedicated laptop for streaming. These are in addition to the 120vac power conditioners that the Astron power cords are plugged into. Over the years, I’ve discovered that the digital components add a lot more digititus than one might realize.
tubes444:
As far as the benefits of the Astron over the internal power supply, I found it to be more dynamic/energetic, noticeably more "punch" in the bass and transient attack in the mids and highs, more extension to the upper highs (with the right DC wire). Soundstage also grew larger and had more micro details. It was a very positive improvement all around. 

Bigshutterbug

Many thanks for your very in-depth report on your personal findings.

I.e. on the wire size= many+++'s. Audioquest 12V DC cable uses much larger wire gauge. Which now makes me think about how much research on wire size they REALLY did..