So I just inherited a bunch of CD's and some are made overseas...

For instance, one is a King Crimson CD.  I have a copy made in the USA and another of the same made in Germany.   

I also have some classical dupes.  Same album, one made in the USA and the other is made in Japan.

Other than the liner notes which are in a foreign language, is there any difference between them sonically?  

Thoughts?
128x128curiousjim
The early CDs were all made in Japan, or Germany, before production ramped up. They are more valuable than ordinary CDs.Any CDs made in Japan even later ones have more value than the common made in USA. Many early made in Germany CDs have a characteristic soft blue label called "Target CDs' here is a link to a discussion: http://www.keithhirsch.com/target-cds       
The link also shows the Japanese version. They are highly sought after, And I find in the few I own, they ARE better sounding.
Other than the liner notes which are in a foreign language, is there any difference between them sonically?  

Listen to them and decide for yourself.
Thanks elizabeth for the link.  I do have some WEA disks, but none with the bullseye logo on them.

I'll keep looking though. 

JD
Also keep in mind that the "Made in Xxxxxx" has no bearing whatsoever
on where the record company is that released it.  US record companies would use whatever CD plant gave them the best deal on replication.  The sound quality has everything to do with the digital MASTER that was supplied by the record company.  Many US releases back in the 80's & 90's were Made in Germany, because they had a lot of CD pressing plants.  
Now.... if the printing is in German or Japanese... then clearly it's a foreign release... but who knows where the digital Master came from. I've heard them be bit-for-bit copies of the US release, but i've also heard some sound really bad.  You just don't know until you hear it and compare.