Morrow Audio re-design announcement: No more Ag coated Cu; Increased numbers of runs.

Just got a notice in my Email about this. Seems like the new design went into production in June. It does have me scratching my head a bit. I’m wondering if any Morrow Audio cable users (old or new design) have comments. The link will take you to the announcement that provides details on the new cable design including instructions for determining whether someone has received old or new design cables.

http://morrowaudio.com/announcement

128x128ghosthouse
US Navy communications/electronics requirements in some cases are far more stringent than audiophile requirements in terms on noise and distortion, i.e., signal to noise plus distortion ratio.
In response to fsonicsmith

We use high quality connectors. We provide a secure mechanical connection of the wire first to the connector, then solder it for a tight electrical fit. The details and how we do that are proprietary.

As to your statement, "but his pursuit of ultra high priced cabling is laughable", here is what one of our customers said about our Elite interconnects at $2995.00 per 1 meter pair...

"First I want to say that your new cable is replacing a (brand omitted) This cable was very expensive at $10,000/meter. They have a very balanced sound with bass detail that I had never experienced before.

After the first recordings I listened to; I knew that the (brand omitted) were no longer required. The Morrow cables surpassed them in every way with much greater transparency. Details from top to bottom where much greater and easy to recognize. Vocals in particular seemed to have greater annunciation. Song lyrics were significantly more understandable and soulful. Dynamics overall were greater and faster.

In conclusion I find the Morrow Audio cables to be my new reference. They are well made and easy to install. The connectors are all high quality and are quite attractive." Edward M

@morrowaudio "We no longer use silver coated copper wire, only solid copper wire for each individual SSI strand. The presentation is now smoother and more musical."

I’ve used copper, silver, silver plated copper, copper clad aluminum, carbon, and other materials, and ended up in the same place you arrived. I’ve heard very good things about your cable, Mike, and wish you the best with the new product lineup going forth
My SP4’s arrived the other day. Sound great against the 10awg BJC (Belden I think) cable.

i can’t comment on the old formula but these seem to not have the rollercoaster ride my interconnects has during the break in. 

I absoutely love these.  My Focals can get trashy with loud splashy music and though the highs are very clear I get way less trashyness  than the BJC’s. I never had a thought about upgrading the MA4’s in my system so far but the SP4’s make me excited at the thought of moving to SP6’s. Crazy.
Unless Morrow Audio can make me a great deal on trades ( I have a number of their cables ), I'm out ! Enjoy ! MrD.