Could I make use of a DAC with my setup?

I stream music (Spotify Premium) from my PC via 3.5mm cable into a Parasound P5 preamp, which is hooked to a Parasound A23 amp, and from there to Klipsch Fortes that I purchased new in 1986, I think. 

I had the impression that if I use a DAC before the P5 preamp, the DAC's output would be "reprocessed" by the DAC in the preamp, and, therefore, useless.

Is my impression correct?  Thanks!
forsooth
I too am waiting to try Qobuz I hope my integrated amp will support it like it does Tidal. For info purposes my amp is a Micromega M100 which is a streamer as well makes things a bit easier. I am all for ease of use. 
OP... I'm not sure what PC you are using, but the 3.5mm output on a Mac is digital when fed to a digital device.

@djones51 I looked up the Micromega M100, and that looks like a pretty awesome piece of equipment.  They are not giving them away, either.  :'>  The company makes an array of audio products - cd players, DACs, etc. - pretty impressive.  Have you tried their MyDAC?
@lowrider57  I'm using an old Acer desktop that originally came with Windows 7 (I think) and now has been "upgraded" to Windows 10.  Every time I get an MS software update, the USB keyboard and mouse stop working and I have to unplug and plug each to get them work again.  Definitely long in the teeth, but, overall, it is like my 2001 Toyota Echo -- it just keeps going and going.
No this is the only micromega product I have owned.  I got it for the room correction the streaming capabilities was a surprise. It connects to my library, internet radio, tidal I am hoping they add Qobuz.